The 1096 Printable Form - 2020 provides all 1096 information, which can be printed on a 1096 pre-printed form and filed with the IRS.
To navigate to the 1096 Printable Form - 2020 export, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Vendors' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find the '1096 Printable Form - 2020' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be set to pinpoint the exact download a User needs.
1) Year - The year that the 1096 report is ran for. This field is defaulted to 2020
2) Legal Entity - A listing of all Legal Entities. Only one Legal Entity can be selected
3) Form Type - The type of 1099 Tax Form indicated as being filed. Only one form can be selected. Options include:
- 1099-MISC - Miscellaneous Income
- 1099-NEC - Nonemployee Compensation
- 1099-INT - Interest Income
4) Download Button - This downloads the form
1) Filer's Name - The Legal Entity's name
2) Filer's Street Address - The Legal Entity's Address
3) Filer's City, State, and Zip Code -The Legal Entity's City, State, and Zip Code
4) Name of Person to Contact - The Legal Entity's name
5) Telephone Number - The Legal Entity's phone number
6) Box 1 Employer Identification Number - The Legal Entity's Tax ID
7) Box 3 Total Number of Forms - The number of forms being submitted
8) Box 4 Federal Income Tax Withheld - The sum of Box 4 from all 1099 Forms being submitted
9) Box 5 Total Amount Reported with this Form 1096 - The sum of the following boxes, depending on the selected Form Type:
- 1099-MISC - Boxes 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 13
- 1099-NEC - Box 1
- 1099-INT - Boxes 1, 3, 8, 10, 11, and 13
10) Box 6 The 1099 Form Type that this 1096 Form is in Reference to - This marking will reflect the 1099 Form Type selected in the Report Parameters