When a Purchase Order is ready to send, a Reviewer will be able to assess the quantities entered to correct any discrepancies before submitting the order. Submitted Orders will then be sent to email address listed on the Vendor record.
Review a Purchase Order
Once a Purchase Order is completed, it can be reviewed by clicking into the Purchase Order from the 'Orders' tab of the Orders page.
When the Purchase Order opens, navigate to the Vendor Items listing and click the 'Review' tab. Reviewers can search for specific items and even select a view filter for the listing.
1) Search Bar - This will search the Vendor Items listing for the characters entered
2) View All - This will display all items included in this order
3) Alerts Filter - This will filter for items that were marked with an Alert Flag
4) Alert Column - This column will display an Alert Icon if the amount entered fits the criteria listed below; otherwise, an entry that is within normal range will have a circleicon. An Alert Flag will appear if the quantity fits one of the following criteria:
- 'Less than Half' - This will display if the entry is half or less of the item entry from the last order
- 'More than Twice' - This will display if the entry is double or more of the item entry from the last order
5) Item - The Purchased Item
6) Current Qty - The current order price for the item on this PO
7) Unit of Measure - The item's Purchased Unit of Measure
8) Each Amt - The cost of the item based on the Unit of Measure
9) Prev Qty - The quantity of the item that was ordered for the previous PO
10) Prev Each Amt - The last order price for the item
11) Inv Qty Var - The difference between the current and previous quantities
12) $ Variance - The difference between the current and previous price
Once the review has been completed, the Reviewer can complete the process by one of the following options:
1) Submitting the Order Without Sending the PO - If the order is entered correctly regardless of the Alert Icons and ready for invoicing, click the Status drop-down selector in the header and select 'Submit'. This will change the PO's status without sending the PO via email to the Vendor
2) Submitting the Order and Sending the PO - If the order is entered correctly regardless of the Alert Icons and ready for invoicing, click 'Submit' in the header. This will send an email with the PO to the email address entered on the Vendor record
3) Saving the Order - Click 'Save' in the header to save the changes made without changing the current status
4) Exit Out of the Order - Click the close icon to leave the modal without saving any changes
Click here to learn how to Invoice Purchase Orders.
Purchase Order Statuses
From when a Purchase Order is initially created to when it is sent, it will be listed as one of the following statuses:
- Open / In Progress - This means that the Purchase Order is editable and not submitted
- Submitted- This means that the Purchase Order was either marked as 'Submitted' without being sent or was submitted to the Vendor
- Sending Failed- This means that the Purchase Order failed to send to the Vendor
- Rejected- This means that the Purchase Order was rejected by the Vendor