This is a part of Purchase Orders in the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Purchase Orders feature.
A Purchase Order can be created either manually or from a template with a pre-defined set of terms arranged in a specific order. Once created, the quantities to order from a Vendor can either be suggested by R365 or manually entered as needed.
Note: The New Purchase Orders feature is only available to Early Adopters at this time. During this Early Adopter phase, both versions of Purchase Orders will be available for Users to utilize. If you are interested in becoming an R365 Early Adopter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Our next round is coming December 2020!
Create a Purchase Order
To create a new Purchase Order, navigate to the Purchase Order listing, and on either the 'Orders' tab or the 'Templates' tab, click the '+ Action' button in the top, right corner above the listing and select 'New Purchase Order'.
This will open the 'New Purchase Order' modal.
Enter a Purchase Order
A Purchase Order can be entered from either a newly-created Purchase Order form or by clicking into a scheduled Purchase Order Template displayed on the 'Orders' tab of the Purchase Orders Management page.
From this 'New Purchase Order' modal, enter in the necessary details and then ensure to save the modal.
1) 'General Information' Tab - This tab contains all Purchase Order details
2) 'Attachment' Tab - This tab is a placeholder for future enhancements
3) PO Number - This number is auto-generated based on the settings in the Autonumbering section of the Administration menu in the Accounting module. For each new PO, the previous PO Number is aggregated by 1 and can be edited as needed. Duplicate PO numbers are not allowed
4) Location - A listing of all Locations, where the User selects the Location that will receive the order. This field is set to list the default Location but can be easily updated as needed. Click the source linknext to the selected Location to open its Location record
5) Template - A listing of all User-created Purchase Order Templates, where the User can select a PO Template to auto-fill this new order form. If a template is selected, click the source linknext to the selected template to open and view its Purchase Order details
6) Vendor - A listing of all Vendors, where the User selects the Vendor that will receive an email with the Purchase Order. Click the source linknext to the selected Vendor to open its Vendor record
7) Order Date - The date that the order is placed. This is defaulted to today's date but can be updated by clicking the calendar icon
8) Delivery Date - The date the order is expected to arrive at the selected Location. This is defaulted to tomorrow's date but can be updated by clicking the calendar icon
9) Comment - This field provides the space for any notes about the Purchase Order. These comments will appear on the Purchase Order when it is sent to the Vendor.
10) Address - This is auto-filled based on the Location's address entered on its Location record. This can be easily updated if needed by clicking 'Change' in the top, right corner of this box
11) 'Details' Tab - This tab is where all Vendor items for this order can be selected and quantities can be entered for review
12) 'Review' Tab - This tab is where the Reviewer will be able to see any discrepancy in quantities and finalize the order. Click here to learn how to review a Purchase Order
13) Search Bar - This will search the Vendor Items listing for the characters entered
14) '+ Add Item' Button - This opens a footer menu where Purchased Items can be added to the Vendor Items listing. More details about this tab are explained below
15) 'Suggest Qty' Button - This button will run a built-in algorithm to determine the quantity of each item in the order below it. When selected, a modal will first be displayed asking the User to selected the Consumption and Buffer Days before recommending the Suggested Quantity. Applying the Suggested Quantity will then allow the User to hover over the quantity suggested to view the details of the calculation in a tool tip
- Note: Suggestions require the following before giving an accurate quantity:
- Inventory Counts at least 45 days apart
- Forecasted Sales for all Consumption/Buffer Days chosen
- Approved invoices and transfers between counts
16) Total - This will display the total dollar value for the Purchase Order
17) Save - This will save the template and add it to the 'Templates' tab
18) Print - This will print the Purchase Order Template, which can be helpful to write down quantities before entering them into R365
19) Expand - This will expand the modal to full screen
20) Close - This will close the modal without saving any changes made
Add Vendor Items
To add Vendor Items, the User will need to click the '+ Add Item' button in the Vendor Items listing. This will open a footer menu called 'Add New Row' where Items can be searched and added either individually or in bulk.
When adding Vendor Items, the User can search by Purchased Item in the 'Item' field. Items that are associated with Vendor Items will be displayed first. Once an Item is selected, the other fields will be auto-populated based on the information entered on the Vendor Item record.
- Note: Click here to learn how to map Vendor Items to their respective Purchased Item records.
1) Item - The name of the Purchased Item. When entering in the name, Items that are associated with Vendor Items will be displayed first in the drop-down listing. Once an Item is selected, the other fields will auto-populate with the information set on the corresponding Vendor record
2) Vendor Item - The Vendor Item product number from the Vendor
3) Storage Location - The Storage Location of the item at the listed Location
4) Unit of Measure - The item's Purchased Unit of Measure
5) Quantity - The amount of the item that should be purchased. For a template, this column is typically left blank until the template is put in use
6) + All Primary Items -When clicked, this will add all Vendor Items that are checked as Primary on their Vendor Item record
7) + All Vendor Items - When clicked, this will add all Vendor Items created for this Vendor
8) Add Another - This box is checked by default and will keep the footer menu open after each Item is added when checked. If unchecked, this menu will close when an Item has been added to the Vendor Items listing
9) Cancel - This will close the footer menu without adding any additional Items
10) Add Item - This will add the Item and its details to the Vendor Items listing
Once the order is complete, ensure to save the details.
Submit Without Review
Orders that have been initially saved will have a 'Submit' button present, as shown below. Users with the correct security access can then submit the order without review, unless told otherwise by your Restaurant Management Team. Click here to view the security access needed for this feature.
It is extremely valuable to have two sets of eyes on a Purchase Order before submitting it to a Vendor, but Purchase Orders can be submitted after they are initially saved. A Purchase Order can be submitted either with or without sending the Vender the Purchase Order via email:
- Submitting the Order and Sending the PO - To send an email with the PO to the email address entered on the Vendor record, click the 'Submit' button in the header
- Submitting the Order Without Sending the PO -To update the PO's status without sending the PO via email to the Vendor, click the Status drop-down selector in the header and select 'Submit'