Inventory Counts can be created via the '+ Create' button in the top right corner of the Inventory Counts page or by opening the desired template and clicking 'Use Template' from its Context menu. This article reviews the process of using the '+ Create' button to begin an Inventory Count.
Click here for a printable guide on Inventory Counts.
Note: Inventory Count items can only have Inventory UofMs assigned to them. Because of this, ensure that each entry portrays an accurate value for the given UofM.
Create an Inventory Count
Ensure to navigate to the Inventory Count page. To create a new Inventory Count, click '+ Create' and select 'Inventory Count'.
A 'New Inventory Count' modal will appear where the User will need to select the necessary Location and Template for the count. If the desired Inventory Template is not available, click 'Cancel' and return back to the '+ Action' menu to create a new Inventory Template. Follow the directions in the section above to assist in this creation.
Click 'Start Count' to begin the Inventory Count for the selected Location. The following sidesheet will appear.
1) Location - This will display the Location Name selected in the previous modal
2) Inventory Template - This will display the Inventory Template selected in the previous modal
3) Search Bar - This will enable the User to search for certain items within each Storage Location
4) Storage Locations - The listing of Storage Locations on this template
5) + Add Item Button - This button will enable the User to search for a specific item to add to the Inventory Count. A prompt will appear asking whether the item should be added to the Template. Clicking 'Yes' will add the item to the template for the current and future counts while 'No' would only include the item in the current count
6) Auto-Save Details - This will display the date and time that this Inventory Count was last auto-saved
7) Review Button - This button will allow the User to begin the Review process, where the count is reviewed and marked as either 'Completed' or 'Approved'
- Note: A count does not have to be marked as 'Complete' before it is 'Approved'
8) Print - This will print the Inventory Count details
9) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in creating an Inventory Count
10) Expand - This will expand the modal to full screen. Once full screen, this icon can be clicked again to minimize the modal back to its original size
11) Close Out - This will close out the modal
Enter an Inventory Count