This is a part of the Inventory Counts feature in the Smart Ops Release. Click here to learn more about the Smart Ops Release.
Inventory Counts can be created via the '+ Create' button in the top right corner of the Inventory Counts page or by opening the desired template and clicking 'Use Template' from its Context menu. This article reviews the process of using the '+ Create' button to begin an Inventory Count.
Note: This feature is currently only available to Early Adopters.
Create an Inventory Count
Ensure to navigate to the Inventory Count page. To create a new Inventory Count, click '+ Create' and select 'Inventory Count'.
A 'New Inventory Count' modal will appear where the User will need to select the necessary Location and Template for the count. If the desired Inventory Template is not available, click 'Cancel' and return back to the '+ Action' menu to create a new Inventory Template. Follow the directions in the section above to assist in this creation.
Click 'Start Count' to begin the Inventory Count for the selected Location. The following sidesheet will appear.
1) Location - This will display the Location Name selected in the previous modal
2) Inventory Template - This will display the Inventory Template selected in the previous modal
3) Search Bar - This will enable the User to search for certain items within each Storage Location
4) Storage Locations - The listing of Storage Locations on this template
5) + Add Item Button - This button will enable the User to search for a specific item to add to the Inventory Count. A prompt will appear asking whether the item should be added to the Template. Clicking 'Yes' will add the item to the template for the current and future counts while 'No' would only include the item in the current count
6) Auto-Save Details - This will display the date and time that this Inventory Count was last auto-saved
7) Review Button - This button will allow the User to begin the Review process, where the count is reviewed and marked as either 'Completed' or 'Approved'
- Note: A count does not have to be marked as 'Complete' before it is 'Approved'
8) Print - This will print the Inventory Count details
9) Expand - This will expand the modal to full screen. Once full screen, this icon can be clicked again to minimize the modal back to its original size
10) Close Out - This will close out the modal
Enter an Inventory Count
The Inventory Items for the selected Storage Location will be displayed in the order entered on the Inventory Template and list the Cost and the Units of Measure for each item, as noted on the Item Location Record or Purchased Item Record if no Item Locations are set up.
The first entry amount will be automatically highlighted under 'Unit of Measure 1' for immediate entry. Enter in the amount for the first item and click 'Enter' on your keyboard to move to the next Inventory Item entry. Pressing 'Tab' on your keyboard will move the cursor to the 'Unit of Measure 2' and 'Unit of Measure 3' fields and then the next item in the sequence once all Units of measure have been tabbed through on the previous item.
At the end of each line, one of two icons will appear when an entry is made:
- - This check mark icon will display if the entry made was the same or a similar amount to the last Inventory Count
- - This Alert Flag will include a tool tip to describe the alert as one of the following, which can be later updated in the Review process:
- 'Less than Half' - This will display if the entry is half or less of the item entry from the last count
- 'Twice as Much' - This will display if the entry is double or more of the item entry from the last count
- 'Assume Zero' - This will display when the system entered a '0' quantity because the item was missing from the current count but was present on the last count
- '0 Quantity' - This will display when '0' was entered for this count but had a quantity entered in the last count
Continue until all items have their count entered and then click the Storage Location name in the bottom, right-hand corner of your Inventory Count sidesheet to move to the next Inventory Items listing.
- Note: Users can navigate between Storage Locations through this bottom bar or click thebutton located just above the Storage Location name in the header to return to the initial listing of all Storage Locations
Upon returning to the Storage Locations listing, each Storage Location will display the percentage of count completion to show which counts still need to be completed before a Review is conducted.
Each count will autosave, so when completed, close out of the window or begin the Review process. Click here to learn how to review and approve an Inventory Count.