Inventory Templates are custom-made counts that are routinely put in use. When creating a template, Users can create the names of and organize items within each Storage Location to best reflect the needs of individual Restaurant Locations. Templates can easily be updated as needed and copied to other Locations for efficiency purposes.
Create an Inventory Template
A new Inventory Template can be easily created by navigating to the Inventory page, clicking the '+ Create' button in the top, right corner of the page, and then selecting 'Inventory Count Template'. This will open a 'New Inventory Count Template' modal where the following information will need to be entered.
1) Name - A unique name for the Inventory Template. This will be displayed and referenced in the Inventory Template listing
2) Frequency - This User-defined field states how often this Stock Count Template will be used (i.e., 'Nightly', 'Weekly', 'Monthly', etc.)
3) Location - The Location that will use this Inventory Template. Inventory Templates and Counts are unique to each Location in R365, but can be copied for another Location from the Inventory Template Action Menu
4) GL Posting - This toggle enables the Inventory Template to post to the General Ledger when toggled on. The default for this toggle is 'On'. If toggled off, the Inventory Count will not have an impact on the General Ledger
The bottom half of the modal is where Storage Locations and their corresponding items will be added. Storage Locations can be built out first before adding Inventory Items or both can be done simultaneously. View more details on how via the Inventory Items sub-section below. To begin, click the 'New Storage Location' button to create all necessary Storage Locations for this template.
When completed, Storage Locations will be displayed along with the number of items that are included within each location for a quick reference. Three actions can be done from this listing:
- Edit Storage Locations - Storage Location names can be edited and deleted via the menu iconlisted next to the desired Storage Location
- Rearrange Storage Locations - Storage Locations should be arranged in the order that makes the most sense for entry purposes. Therefore, reorganize Storage Locations if needed by clicking either 'Move Up' or 'Move Down' in the Storage Location Menuor by simply dragging and dropping the Storage Locations in the correct order
- Edit Inventory Items - Inventory Items that have been added to Storage Locations can be easily viewed by clicking the list extension arrow and can be deleted in the listing via the trash can icon or moved to another Storage Location by checking the desired item, clicking the 'Edit Selected' button, and selecting the new Storage Location
Inventory Items can be filtered through the Search Menu or the Search Bar and then added to a Storage Location. The first option reviews the filtering capability of the Search Menu. The other three options are based on entering the name, or at the minimum the first two letters, of the desired Inventory Item into the Search Bar to view a listing of all related items. The following discuss the four ways to add items in bulk or individually:
- Search Menu - Used when adding multiple items at once. Click the menu iconto look for items by Category. After selecting a Category and a Storage Location, the number of items within that Category will be listed as a bulk-add option in the bottom, right-hand corner of the menu
- 'Add Selected' Button - Used when adding multiple items at once. Select the desired item(s) and navigate to the 'Add Selected' button at the bottom of the Item listing. From here, the desired Storage Location can be selected
- Drag and Drop - Used when adding single items to any Storage Location. Click and drag the desired item(s) to the chosen Storage Location and drop on top of the Storage Location name for the items to be included in it
- Sign - Used when adding single items to a newly created Storage Location. Navigate to the desired item and click the plus sign next to the item name. This will add the item to the Storage Location listed last. To make this option more efficient, it is recommended to add items as each Storage Location is created
Inventory Template Actions
The Inventory Template includes the following actions.
1) Save - This will save the template and add it to the 'Templates' tab
2) Print - This will print the template
3) Help Menu - This will open the Help Menu, which lists multiple resources to assist in creating an Inventory Template
4) Full Screen - This will expand the sidesheet to full screen. This can then return back to the original size by clicking the minimize icon
5) Close - This will close out the sidesheet without saving
Before closing, click 'Save' to create the template.
Edit an Inventory Template
Inventory Templates can be updated at any time by clicking into the desired template from the 'Templates' tab, making the necessary changes, and then clicking 'Save'.
An additional menu will be added to the template once it is initially saved. The template's Context menu will enable the User to complete the following:
- Use Template - Begin an Inventory Count using this template
- Copy to Other Locations - Make a copy of this template for the selected Locations
- Delete- Delete the template and remove it from the 'Templates' tab
- Note: This action cannot be undone