The Inventory Variance by Location report is a multi-Location Actual versus Theoretical report that can be ran for any number of Locations at one time. Showing actual and theoretical numbers across multiple Locations can allow a clearer view into the stores that need to enhance their Inventory practices.
Note: Running this report is not meant to replace but rather supplement the Actual versus Theoretical report as a high-level first look at totals by store. The AvT report should still be used to dig into the detail by item in one specific Location.
To navigate to the Inventory Variance by Location report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Inventory Variance by Location' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Location(s) based on the selected Location category
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The end date for the report
5) Show Unapproved - This will either show or hide unapproved Stock Counts
6) Waste Calculations - This will either show or hide waste calculations
7) Run Button - This will run the report
Click here to learn more about Report Views and their added functionality.
1) Location - The Restaurant or Commissary Location Name
2) Begin (+) - The total dollar amount of the beginning Inventory Count
3) AP (+) - The total dollar amount of AP transactions that had an effect on Inventory
4) Comm Rcv (+) - The total dollar amount of Commissary Orders received
5) Actual Xfer (+) - The total net dollar amount of item transfers received/sent
6) Waste (+) - The total dollar amount of items wasted
7) End (-) - The total dollar amount of the ending Inventory Count
8) Usage - The actual dollar usage amount resulting from the preceding columns
9) Menu Sis (+) - The total dollar amount sold via Menu Mix
- Note: Menu Items must be connected to recipes to be considered in this total
10) Comm Sis (+) - The total dollar amount sold via Commissary Sales (Commissary Locations only)
11) Theo AR (+) - The total dollar amount sold on AR transactions that had an effect on Inventory
12) Catering Sis (+) - The total dollar amount sold on Catering transactions that had an effect on Inventory
13) Usage - The total dollar amount of the preceding Theoretical columns
14) Var - The variance between the Actual Usage (#8) and Theoretical Usage (#13)
15) Var % - The variance percentage between the Actual Usage (#8) and Theoretical Usage (#13)