The POS Account Mapping Tool allows Users to manage all POS Accounts, including the creation of Rules for accounts brought in from the Daily Sales Summary. On the 'POS Accounts' tab, Users can view and filter all Company POS Accounts by their Account Type, Unmapped Status, or a User-defined term. POS Account Settings can also be updated as needed.
POS Account Rules can be created on the 'Rules' tab and, when set to 'Active', will automatically run when a DSS is imported and contains any new unmapped POS Accounts. If the Rule criteria is met, then the POS Account record will be automatically mapped and saved in R365. During the Automatic Rule running process, if all POS Accounts are successfully mapped, the DSS Journal Entry will be automatically recreated. Unmapped Accounts will need to be mapped via new Rules or from the the 'Unmapped' view on the 'POS Accounts' tab. In addition to Automatic Rule running, Rules can be ran manually to initiate the mapping process after a new Rule is created. Click here to learn how to run a Rule.
Default Rules are set up in the system to assist in mapping POS Accounts that are imported from the POS. These will only appear on the Rules tab when the General Ledger has been imported and if the default Rules match the GL Account names.
Users with the following Permission will be able to access the POS Mapping Tool:
- Administration → POS Management → View/Edit POS Mapping Tool
Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here. The Permission Access report can be used to determine which User Roles or Users already have these Permissions assigned. Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
Navigate to the POS Account Mapping Tool by clicking 'POS Mapping Tool' under 'Administration' in the Accounting module.
POS Accounts Tab
The POS Accounts tab lists all POS Account records saved in R365 and provides a quick view into their account details.
1) All - This displays all POS Accounts
2) Unmapped - This displays only unmapped POS Accounts
3) Sales - This displays only Sales Accounts
4) Payment - This displays only Payment Types
5) Job - This displays only Job Titles
6) Paid Out - This displays only Paid Out Types
7) Search Bar - This enables the User to filter the selected view by a User-defined term
8) Refresh - This icon refreshes the listing when clicked
9) Type - The type of POS Account. Options include:
- Payment Type
- Sales Account
- Job Title
10) Name - The name of the POS Account, as entered in the POS
11) GL Account - The GL Account assigned to the POS Account. This can be easily updated by clicking into the account line item and managing the POS Account Settings
12) Source DSS - The Daily Sales Summary that brought in the corresponding POS Account
- Note: If a Source DSS is missing, it is because that DSS was deleted. Follow these steps to regenerate it
From the listing, a User can view and even update certain details of an account. Click here to learn more about managing POS Accounts.
The Rules tab lists out the details of every POS Account Mapping Rule in the instance. These Rules can be easily filtered by entering in a User-defined term in the Search Bar.
1) Type - The type of POS Account. Options include:
- Payment Type
- Sales Account
- Job Title
2) Status - The status of the Rule, which will display as either 'Active' or 'Inactive' and can be updated individually via the Row Context Menu (#8) or in mass by checking multiple boxes and clicking 'Group Apply' at the bottom of this page
3) Rule - The Rule made for this POS Account Type
4) Created Date - The date this Rule was created
5) Created By - The name of the User who created this Rule
- Note: Default Rules will have 'R365' entered for this field
6) Last Modified - The date this Rule was last modified
7) Modified By - The name of the User or entity who last modified this rule
8) Row Context Menu - A menu that enables the User to conduct the following actions to this POS Account Rule:
- Run - This will run the Rule against all Unapproved Daily Sales Summary records. This should be clicked after the Rule's Status (#2) is updated to 'Active'. Click here to learn more about Running a Rule
- Clone - This will copy the POS Account Rule's details and allow the User to update any fields to make a new Rule. The User will only be able to save the new Rule when at least one field has been modified. Click here to learn how to Clone a Rule
- Activate/Deactivate - This will update the Rule's Status (#2) to 'Inactive' if currently marked as 'Active' or 'Active' if currently marked as 'Inactive'. The Modified Columns will also update with the User's information
- Delete - This will delete the Rule
9) Refresh - This will refresh the Rules list
10) Run All - This will run all 'Active' Rules against all Unapproved Daily Sales Summary records. Click here to learn more about running a Rule
11) + Add - This will enable the User to create a new Rule. Click here to learn how to create a new Rule
12) Search Bar - This will filter the POS Account Rules based on the entered information
R365 provides default Rules to assist in mapping common POS Accounts imported from the POS. Click here to learn about the Default POS Account Rules.
Create and Edit a Rule
POS Account Rules will need to be created to match the unmapped POS Accounts that are included on the Daily Sales Summary. Click here to learn how to create, clone, and edit a POS Account Rule.
Run a Rule
POS Account Rules are automatically ran when a Daily Sales Summary includes an unmapped POS Account. Rules can also be ran manually after a Rule is created or updated. Click here to learn about running POS Account Rules.
Manage POS Accounts
POS Account Settings can be easily updated from the POS Accounts tab. Click here to learn how to update a POS Account.