Inventory Counts track the amount of Inventory a restaurant has at a given time. A completed Inventory Count becomes the Inventory Journal Entry in the Accounting Module with the distribution being calculated automatically and recorded on the count if GL Posting is enabled. As a count is entered, it is being compared against the previous count so that if an abnormality arises that may cause an entry to be inaccurate, an Alert Flag will be displayed next to the line item for further evaluation during the Review Process.
The Review Process allows for a quick view into the count itself, the Previous to Current Count Adjustment for both quantity and cost, and any alerts tied to an entry, which can be edited as needed. The Review Process provides a hierarchy of Approval by including a tiered level of Count Status: 'In Progress', 'Completed', and 'Approved'. Each tier limits lower level Security Roles from making changes while also allowing an additional step in the Approval Process, although that step can be skipped if needed.
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to Create, View, Save, Import, and Delete Inventory Counts and Templates:
- Accounting Manager
- Full Access
Users with the following Primary Security Roles will be able to Create, View, Save, and Import Inventory Counts and Templates:
- Accounting Clerk
- Restaurant Manager
Users with the following Primary Security Role will only be able to View Inventory Counts and Templates:
- Read Only Operations
Secondary Security Roles, such as Approve Stock Count or Delete Stock Count, can provide additional or restricted security access.
Access to both Inventory Counts and Templates is found under 'Inventory' in the Operations module. To view existing and current counts as well as creating a new Stock Count, click 'Stock Counts V2'. To view existing and current templates as well as creating a new Stock Count Template, click 'Stock Count Templates V2'.
Inventory Counts List View
1) Counts Tab - This tab displays the details of all existing and current counts, including their Status ('In Progress', 'Completed', or 'Approved'), Location, Date, Total Count, Template Name, and the details about when it was created, modified, and Approved
2) Templates Tab - This tab displays the details of all existing and current templates, including their Location, and the details about when it was created and modified
3) Table Views - This is a placeholder for a future enhancement allowing for saved views of this list
4) Filter - This is a placeholder for a future enhancement for filtering the table
5) Columns - This is a placeholder for a future enhancement for table columns
6) Excel - This enables a selected Inventory Count or Template to be downloaded as an Excel file. This is a placeholder for a future enhancement
7) Refresh - This will refresh the listing
8) + Action - This menu allows for the creation of either a new Inventory Count or Template
- Note: Ensure that the desired Inventory Template is created first
Inventory Counts: Create an Inventory Template
Inventory Templates can be easily setup and later utilized for an Inventory Count. Click here to learn how to create an Inventory Template.
Inventory Counts: Create an Inventory Count
By creating a new Inventory Count, Users are utilizing a previously-created Inventory Template. Click here to learn how to create and understand the layout of an Inventory Count.
Inventory Counts: Enter and Review an Inventory Count
After creating an Inventory Count, the count will need to be entered correctly and then reviewed for any discrepancies before being approved. Click here to learn how to enter and review an Inventory Count.