The Product Mix - Year Over Year report lists Menu Items' current Sales Dollars against their prior year's Sales Dollars for the same days to show the year-over-year difference. The report can be ran for specific Menu Items or Menu Categories and reorganized to show menu trends that may help to make better business decisions around menu engineering, promotions, and more.
To navigate to the Product Mix - Year Over Year Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Sales' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Product Mix - Year Over Year' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations from the selected Location category
3) Initial View - This option will display a summarized or detailed version of the report
4) Start - The beginning date that the report is ran for
5) End - The end date that the report is ran until
6) Ranking Option - This will organize the report with the top 10 year-over-year, the bottom 10 year-over-year, or with no distinction
7) Menu Category - A listing of all menu categories that can be selected to filter the items in the report
8) Menu Items - A listing of all menu items that can be selected to filter the report
9) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Menu Item - A listing of all menu items for that Location. These are organized into Menu Categories
2) Current Qty - The quantity produced within the time frame selected
3) Current $ - The Total Sales Dollars of each menu item, totaled by Menu Categories, for the time frame selected
4) Prior Qty - The quantity produced the prior year, same days
5) Prior $ - The Total Sales Dollars of each menu item, totaled by Menu Categories, for the prior year, same days
6) YoY Difference - The difference between the Current Sales Dollars (#3) and the Prior Year's Sales Dollars (#5) for each menu item, totaled by Menu Categories
7) % Up / Down - The percentage the YoY Difference (#6) increased or decreased
- Note: Positive values will appear green and negative values will appear red