Checks can be voided in R365 via their AP Transaction records. To do so, complete the following:
- Open the desired AP Transaction
- Hover over the 'Actions' menu and click 'Void'
- In the 'Void' prompt, select a date for the voiding transaction. The voiding transaction is the reversal entry to the void, allowing the updated bank account balance to be matched in Bank Activity while also documenting that a void occurred within the system. Do not delete the Void or the voiding transactions as they cancel each other out. Select the date accordingly:
- Same date as original transaction - Select if you want the result to resemble a 'delete' but leave an audit trail
- Current / future date - Select if you want to make sure the numbers in a prior period are not impacted by this reversal
- Go to Bank Activity and match the void to the deposit from your Vendor
- Open Bank Reconciliation to ensure the void and voiding transactions tie out accordingly
If the desired AP Transaction was reconciled before voiding or you have any questions on reconciling, reach out to R365 Support for additional help. For a more detailed explanation of this process, view the Voiding a Transaction training article.