The Fiscal Year Error Check report displays any critical Fiscal Year errors that occurred during their creation. This is helpful prior to implementing Fixed Assets and to ensure that each fiscal year transitions correctly into the next.
To navigate to the Fiscal Year Error Check Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Financial' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Fiscal Year Error Check' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Legal Entity - A listing of all Legal Entities
2) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Legal Entity - The name of the Legal Entity
2) Year - The Fiscal Years, ranging from the earliest configured year to the latest configured year
3) Fiscal Period Structure - The chosen structure for the listed Fiscal Year
4) Start Date - The Start Date of the Fiscal Year
5) Fiscal Year Errors - The errors that correspond with that Fiscal Year. Errors include:
- Missing - This will be listed after the Fiscal Year, Start Date, and End Date if the Fiscal Year hasn't been created yet
- Gap from Previous Year - This will be listed if the Start Date of one year is not the day directly after the End Date of its previous year
- Overlaps from Previous Year - This will be listed if the Start Date is a part of a previous year
6) End Date - The End Date of the fiscal year