Multi-Instance Switching enables Users who oversee multiple R365 instances the ability to switch between them using the same User ID. The Instance Switcher menu provides this easy transition by listing all favorited instances as well as the five most recently-visited instances. When clicked, the selected instance will load.
Since this feature provides access to multiple instances, it is important to note that you can log in to any one of your instances and have access to all; on the contrary, when you log out of one instance, you also log out of them all.
- Note: This feature is currently only available for Channel Partner Users.
Click here for more information on logging in to an instance that uses the Multi-Instance Switching feature.
When the Multi-Instance Switching feature is enabled, the Instance Switcher menu appears immediately to the right of your User menu in the top ribbon. Hover over the Instance Switcher menu to see your favorited instances and the five most recently-visited instances. Navigate to the desired instance by clicking its name.
The Switch Instance screen can be opened by clicking 'Switch Instance' at the bottom of the menu.
1) Search Bar - This will filter for a specific instance name
2) Recent - The five most recent instances viewed
3) All - A category that lists all of the instances available to the User
4) Favorites - A category that lists all of the instances that are marked as a 'Favorite', often times due to being most frequently visited by the User. To mark an instance as a 'Favorite', click the star iconnext to the instance name. This will grey out the star and mark it as a 'Favorite'
5) Instance / URL - A listing of all instances within the selected category
6) Group - A User-defined grouping for selected instances. All instances will initially be placed in 'Group 1', but more groupings can be created by contacting your CSM or R365 Support with a listing of instances organized by group number