The Payable Invoice Distribution Report focuses primarily on a GL Account or a range of GL Accounts. The report is restricted to only show the distribution on AP Invoices and the payments applied to them.
All of the AP transactions entered into R365, including AP Invoices, AP Payments, and AP Credit Memos, will be pulled for an quick view of both Approved and Unapproved Invoices and whether they were paid in full or not.
To navigate to the Payables Invoice Distribution Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Payables Invoice Distribution', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations associated with the selected Location category
3) Start Date - The beginning date of the report
4) End Date - The end date of the report
5) Vendor Group - A listing of all Vendor Groups
6) Unapproved - This option will either include or exclude Unapproved AP Invoices
7) Vendor - A listing of all Vendors within the Vendor Group selected
8) Account - A listing of all GL Accounts
9) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Document Date - The date of the invoice. The GL Account is noted above this column
2) GL Date - The date the invoice posts to the General Ledger
3) Type - The R365 assigned transaction type (AP Invoice)
4) Vendor Number - The number associated with the Vendor. This is noted on the Vendor record
5) Vendor - The Vendors reviewed, as selected from the Report Parameters. This is hyperlinked to the Vendor record
6) Vendor Group - The Vendor Group associated with the Vendor, as noted in the Vendor record
7) Number - The invoice number. This is hyperlinked to the invoice
8) Legal Entity - The name of the Legal Entity assigned to the Location
9) Location Number - The number associated with the Location. This is noted on the Location record
10) Location - The number and name associated with the Location of that invoice
11) Expense Amt - The amount of the distribution line from the AP Invoice
12) Date Last Paid - The date of the most recent payment or Credit Memo applied to the invoice
13) Payment Ref - The R365 document number assigned to the payment or Credit Memo that was most recently applied to the invoice
14) Total Amt Paid - The portion of the payment or Credit Memo that is applied to this distribution line of the invoice
- Note: When one invoice is applied to different GL Accounts, that invoice will appear for each account, and as the invoice amount is paid, the payment will be distributed among all GL Accounts based on the amount owed for each account, reflecting a remaining amount for each. For example, an invoice with a total of $1000 is partially paid in the amount of $750. This payment will be applied to the entire invoice, but is distributed among 3 separate accounts:
- GL Account #1 = $350 / $1000 = 35% x payment of $750 = $262.50, leaving a remaining balance of $87.50
- GL Account #2 = $500 / $1000 = 50% x payment of $750 = $375, leaving a remaining balance of $125
- GL Account #3 = $150 / $1000 = 15% x payment of $750 = $112.50, leaving a remaining balance of $37.50
15) Amt Remaining - This is the open amount of the distribution line as of the date the report is ran. For outstanding balances on an invoice with multiple expense accounts, review the Note above for the 'Total Amt Paid' Column