The Menu Price Analysis Report shows the cost and selling price for each Menu Item, determines a profit from those metrics, and then calculates a variance and price needed to hit the target percentage based on the User supplied target percentage. This can help provide a more realistic price for a menu item, and even that item's target percentage, for each Location selected.
To navigate to the Menu Price Analysis Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Sales' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Menu Price Analysis' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations from the selected Location category
3) Menu Category - A listing of all Menu Item Categories that a User can filter the items by
4) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Menu Item - The name of the menu item analyzed. The plus sign next to each item will expand to show the details of that item at the different Locations selected for this report
2) Cost - The average cost of the item at all of the Locations that use it
3) Avg Price - The average price this item is sold for at all Locations that use it
4) Profit - The profit of this item based on the difference between the Avg Price and Cost
5) Profit % - The Profit divided by the Avg Price
6) Target % - The Target % set in the Menu Item record
7) Variance % - The difference between the Profit % and the Target %
8) Price Needed - The the amount that the menu item should be priced at to meet the Target %