The Item Theoretical Variance Report is a continuation of the Item Category Theoretical Variance Report and allows a User to drill down from an Item Category into the individual Items that make up that category and analyze their total dollar variances. This can help focus in on specific items that need attention without first oping the AvT Analysis Report.
To navigate to the Item Theoretical Variance Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Item Theoretical Variance' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Locations - A listing of all Locations
2) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
3) End Date - The end date for the report
4) Key Items Only - This option has the report ran for either only the key items flagged in inventory or for all items
5) Show Unapproved - This option either includes or excludes Unapproved invoices in the report
6) Count Time - 'Beginning of Day' will use transactions from the day of the from count to the day before the to count. 'End of Day' will use data from the day after the from count through the day of the to count
7) Theo Cost Method - 'Current Cost' will use the current cost on all items to calculate all theoretical costs; 'Average Cost' will use an average cost per item over the date range of the report to calculate theoretical costs
8) Item Category - These categories can help filter through types of items
9) Subtotal By - Sort and subtotal by those categories. Categories 1+2 is recommended
10) Show Non Counted - This option refers to showing items that either were or were not counted during the time of the stock count
11) Rounding - Clicking 'No Rounding' will include decimal values while clicking 'Whole Numbers' will round decimal values to the nearest whole number
12) Total Var Filter (ABS) - This can allow a User to narrow down the amount of variance by a chosen amount
13) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Item Category - The Item Categories broken down into line Items
2) Count U of M - The Stock Count Unit of Measure
3) Unit Cost - The Cost of each Unit of Measure
4) Location - The Location(s) that received the items. If more than one Location is selected in the report parameters, the Location Columns will be organized alphabetically
5) Total - The total cost of the items from all Locations
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.