This article is for reference only. It contains documentation for the Item Theoretical Cost Analysis Report, which has been deprecated. This article was retired September 2022.
The Item Theoretical Cost Analysis Report shows the Count Unit of Measure, Beginning Inventory, and the Cost Variance of a selected Purchased item. This report focuses on one specific item's cost variance only so that the User can dig into any changes in cost from one Stock Count to another.
To navigate to the Item Theoretical Cost Analysis Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Item Theoretical Cost Analysis' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) From Count - The beginning Stock Count analyzed for this report
2) To Count - The end Stock Count analyzed for this report
3) Key Items Only - This option has the report ran for either only the key items flagged in inventory or for all items
4) Show Unapproved - This will either show or hide Unapproved stock counts
5) Count Time - 'Beginning of Day' will use transactions from the day of the from count to the day before the to count. 'End of Day' will use data from the day after the from count through the day of the to count
6) Theo Cost Method - This option allows the theoretical cost to be based on the average price or the current price of items
7) Item Categories - These categories can help filter through types of items
8) Subtotal by - Sort and subtotal by those categories. Categories 1+2 is recommended
9) Run button - Runs the report. Users can also send, export, or print the report directly from this button by clicking the down arrow portion and selecting the desired action. Click here to learn more about this functionality
1) Item by Operational Reports Category - The items organized by Item Category, which is organized by Operational Reports Category. Each item is hyperlinked to its item record to see additional details and transactions
2) Count U of M - The Unit of Measure used in Stock Counts
3) Beginning Inv - The inventory from the 'From Date' selected in the report parameters
4) Purchases Total - The total purchased. When the plus sign is expanded, the following columns are included: Purchases Amt, Waste Amt, and Transfer Amt
5) Purchases Amt - The total amount purchased
6) Waste Amt - The total amount wasted
7) Transfer Amt - The total amount transferred
8) End Inv - The inventory from the 'End Date' selected in the report parameters
9) Cost (Beg + Purch - End) - The total cost of the item (Beginning Inventory + Purchases Total - End Inventory)
10) Theo Cost - The theoretical cost of the item
11) Cost % of Sales - The cost divided by the Net Sales
12) Theo % of Sales - The theoretical cost divided by the Net Sales
13) Variance - The difference between the Theoretical Cost (#10) and the Cost (#9)
14) Var % - The percent of variance between between the Theoretical Cost (#10) and the Cost (#9)
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.