The Item Price Change Analysis Report shows the purchase price as of the start date of the report versus the average purchase price over the date range of the report. It also shows the COGS Usage over the same date range and the COGS impact the higher/lower price has made per item. This can be ran for one or more locations to compare item price changes across stores.
This report will alert the User to the changes in product pricing from multiple Vendors on one report and how those changes impact the COGS. This will also help to point out incorrect invoice entries that can easily be drilled into by clicking on the hyperlinked item name and then the invoice via the Transactions tab.
To navigate to the Item Price Change Analysis Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Item Price Change Analysis' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations based on the Location category selected
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The end date for the report
5) Key Items Only - This option has the report ran for the key items flagged in inventory or for all items
6) Item Categories - These Item Categories let the User select and filter specific items
7) Percent Diff - The variance percentage difference assessed
8) Show Unapproved - This option will either show or hide Unapproved purchases
9) Run Button - Run the report
1) Item - A listing of the items from the Item Categories selected in the report parameters and organized by Location name
2) Location - The name of the Location that is receiving the Vendor items
3) Default Purchase U of M - The Unit of Measure used on the invoice
4) Price as of (Date) - The price of the item as of the start date set in the report parameters
5) Date Range Average - The average price in the date range selected
6) Variance - The difference between the Date Range Average (#5) and the Price as of (Date) (#4)
7) Variance % - The Variance (#6) divided by the Price as of (Date) (#4)
8) Total Actual Price - The total price of the items purchases within the price range
9) Total Using (Date) Price - The total price of the item amount as of the beginning date
10) COGS Impact - The impact of the Using Price (#9) on the COGS
11) Vendor - The name of the Vendor that the item came from
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.