The Item Cost Percent Breakout Report shows the totals of all items purchased and the percent that item makes up of total COGS in a selected date range. This report is used primarily to identify which items to flag as key items and to keep a close eye on the top moving items.
To learn more about the added value of this report, view Tip #2 of R365's 'Back to School' Tips & Tricks.
To navigate to the Item Percent Breakout by Location Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Item Cost Percent Breakout' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations based on the Location category selected
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The end date for the report
5) COGS Type - A listing of all COGS types
6) Include COGS With No Item - This option will include or exclude items posted to the COGS accounts with no specified item name
7) Run Button - Runs the report. Users can also send, export, or print the report directly from this button by clicking the down arrow portion and selecting the desired action. Click here to learn more about this functionality
1) Item Name - The name of the items within the selected COGS type, organized by the most to least purchased
2) Total - The total cost of the item
3) % COGS - The percentage of that cost against all items within that COGS Category
4) Running % - A running average % COGS
5) Key Item - Marked as a Key Item on the Item record
6) Possible Key - Items in the top 10% of this report will show as a 'Possible Key' Item. This column is best used in comparing against the Key Item column to flag/unflag items weekly/monthly so that those items can be focused on in variance reports
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.