The Item Cost Percent Breakout Report shows the totals of all items purchased and the percent that item makes up of total COGS in a selected date range. This report is used primarily to identify which items to flag as key items and to keep a close eye on the top moving items.
To learn more about the added value of this report, view Tip #2 of R365's 'Back to School' Tips & Tricks.
To navigate to the Item Percent Breakout by Location Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Item Cost Percent Breakout', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations based on the Location category selected
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The end date for the report
5) COGS Type - A listing of all COGS types
6) Include COGS With No Item - This option will include or exclude items posted to the COGS accounts with no specified item name
7) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Item Name - The name of the items within the selected COGS type, organized by the most to least purchased
2) Total - The total cost of the item
3) % COGS - The percentage of that cost against all items within that COGS Category
4) Running % - A running average % COGS
5) Key Item - Marked as a Key Item on the Item record
6) Possible Key - Items in the top 10% of this report will show as a 'Possible Key' Item. This column is best used in comparing against the Key Item column to flag/unflag items weekly/monthly so that those items can be focused on in variance reports.