The Item Cost Analysis by Location Report shows total purchases over the date range of the report that are broken out by COGS Category per Location. Hyperlinked items enable a User to drill into the report to review the current cost and recent transactions. It is important to note that this report only analyzes purchases and does not factor in inventory.
This report is beneficial in checking the total purchases for each category or item with Categories and Locations side-by-side. The totals and averages can then be used in future negotiations with Vendors on price breaks based on historical volumes.
To navigate to the Item Cost Analysis by Location Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Item Cost Analysis by Location' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations based on the Location category selected
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The end date for the report
5) Show Unapproved - This will either show or hide Unapproved counts and transactions
6) Run Button - Runs the report
1) COGS Category - A listing of all COGS Categories by Operational Reports Categories and broken down by Item Category and, further, Item. The Item names are hyperlinked to their item records so a User can see their current cost and recent transactions
2) Location Columns - This column and the following list all Locations selected in the report parameters alphabetically
3) Total -The summation of each Item Category cost from all Locations as well as the summation of each Item cost from all Locations from the selected date range
4) Average - The average cost of the Item Category and Item from a historical standpoint
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.