The Actual vs Theoretical Analysis Lite Report shows Actual vs Theoretical numbers in terms of both Quantities and Dollars. The User can drill down into the transactions that make up the numbers as well as roll up summary info by Category for a Controllable Cost of Goods approach to analysis.
This report provides similar features to the Actual vs Theoretical Analysis Report, but it doesn't include any Waste Calculations, Efficiency Calculations, or the Actual Dollar Usage report parameters, and once it's run, the report doesn't display the Waste and Unexplained Variance columns for Dollar Usage.
To navigate to the Actual vs Theoretical Analysis Lite Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Purch. & Inv.' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Actual vs Theoretical Analysis Lite' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Count From Date - A listing of all stock counts
2) Count To Date - A listing of all stock counts on and after the previously selected stock count
3) Key Items Only - This option has the report ran for the key items flagged in inventory or for all items
4) Show Unapproved - This option either shows or hides Unapproved Transactions. Yes is recommended so that the Accounting staff can close the period at their discretion but operations can still run vital reports in real time without waiting for all transactions to be Approved
5) Count Time - 'Beginning of Day' will use transactions from the DAY OF the from count to the day BEFORE the to count. 'End of Day' will use data from the day AFTER the from count through the DAY OF the to count
6) Theo Cost Method - 'Current Cost' will use the current cost on all items to calculate all theoretical costs; 'Average Cost' will use an average cost per item over the date range of the report to calculate theoretical costs
7) Item Categories - These categories can help filter through types of items
8) Subtotal by - Sort and subtotal by those categories. Categories 1+2 is recommended
9) Show % of Sales - This option turns on and off the final 3 columns (Actual %; Theo %; and Variance %)
10) Show Non Counted - This option refers to showing only counted items or showing both counted and non counted items
11) Run Button - Runs the report. Users can also send, export, or print the report directly from this button by clicking the down arrow portion and selecting the desired action. Click here to learn more about this functionality
1) Net Sales - The total Net Sales from all menu items
2) Operating Reporting Category - A listing of all Operating Reporting Categories broken down into Item Categories and then into Items
3) Count U of M - The Unit of Measure used for each item when conducting a stock count
4) Unit Cost - The cost of each U of M
5) Begin - The beginning quantity of each item in the first stock count
6) Purch - The amount of each item that was purchased
7) Trnsfer - The amount of each time that was transferred to / from that Location
8) End - The ending quantity of each item in the last stock count
9) Act - The actual item amount used. The Beginning Amount (#5), Purchased Amount (#6), Transfer Amount (#7), and End Amount (#8) are all included in the actual amount and are only displayed when expanded
10) Theo - The theoretical item amount used
11) Var - The difference between the theoretical amount (#10) and the actual amount (#9) used
12) Waste - The amount of an item that was wasted. This column is only displayed when the 'Show Waste Calculations' is selected in the report parameters
13) UnExpl Var - The difference between the Variance (#11) and the Waste (#12). This column is helpful in analyzing why certain items have the biggest variances
14) Effcy - The theoretical quantity (#10) over the actual quantity (#9) used. This shows how efficiently this item is being used
15) Act - The actual cost of the item. When expanded, the Beginning Cost, the Purchased Cost, the Transfer Cost, and the Ending Cost would also be displayed
16) Theo - The theoretical cost of the item
17) Var - The difference between the theoretical cost (#16) and the actual cost (#15) of an item
18) Effcy - The theoretical cost (#16) over the actual cost (#15) of an item. This shows how efficiently this item is being used
19) Actl % - The percentage of Actual Sales. This column is only displayed when 'Yes' is selected on the 'Show % of Sales' report parameter
20) Theo % - The percentage of Theoretical Sales. This column is only displayed when 'Yes' is selected on the 'Show % of Sales' report parameter
21) Var % - The difference between the theoretical percentage (#20) and the actual percentage (#19) of Sales. This column is only displayed when 'Yes' is selected on the 'Show % of Sales' report parameter
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.