The Trial Balance Report enables a User to see all the final posting balances for GL Accounts to make sure they are in balance. This is usually ran at the end of a period and can be helpful in the making of financial statements. If the debt and credit columns do not match, this can be the tool to figure out the accounts that need to be further analyzed.
To navigate to the Trial Balance Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Financial' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Trial Balance', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations associated with the selected Location category
3) As Of - The date the amount is balanced as of
4) Rounding - Clicking 'No Rounding' will include decimal values while clicking 'Whole Numbers' will round decimal values to the nearest whole number
5) Hide 0 Balances - Clicking 'Yes' would hide any zero balances
6) Account View - 'Name' will alphabetically organize GL Accounts while 'Number Then Name' will organize by GL Account number
7) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Accounts - The GL Accounts organized numerically and then alphabetically
2) Debit - The amount the account is debited
3) Credit - The amounts the account is credited