The P&L Custom Date Range Report allows the User to compare the total income and expenses at selected Locations across a period of time and based on either their Fiscal or Operational Calendar structures.
The Custom Date option to this report allows the User to view the Net Profit of his/her company from a custom date range and compare it to another. This can be a beneficial tool when comparing similar dates from a previous month or even a previous year.
To navigate to the Profit and Loss - Custom Date Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and then select 'Financial' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Profit and Loss - Custom Date' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Report Type - A listing of all the ways the report can be organized
2) Detail Level - 'Detail' breaks down Parent Accounts into their specified Child Accounts (ex. Inventory (P) --> Food (C), Produce (C), Dairy (C), ect.) while 'Summary' will include all Child Accounts in one Parent Account total amount
3) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
4) Filter - A listing of all Locations associated with the selected Location category
5) Custom Date Range - The start of the first date range
6) To - The end of the first date range
7) Custom Versus Range - The start of the comparison date range
8) To - The end of the comparison date range
9) Show Unapproved - These options will either include or exclude Unapproved transactions
10) Rounding - Clicking 'No Rounding' will include decimal values while clicking 'Whole Numbers' will round decimal values to the nearest whole number
11) Metrics - These options will either hide or show the 'Guest Check Average' and the 'Guest Count' on the top of the report
12) Hide $0 Balances - Clicking 'Yes' would hide any zero balances
13) Account View - 'Name' will alphabetically organize GL Accounts while 'Number Then Name' will organize by GL Account number
14) Location View - 'Name' will alphabetically organize Locations while 'Number Then Name' will organize by Location number
15) Run button - Runs the report
1) GL Accounts and GL Account Types - A listing of all GL Acccounts and GL Account Types broken down by Parent Account. The 'Guest Check Average' and the 'Guest Count' are included on this report when the 'Metrics' parameter is set to 'Show'
2) Actual - The Income and Expenses from the first date range selected in the report parameters. Next to each amount provided, a Variance percentage is given
3) Versus - The Income and Expenses from the second date range selected in the report parameters. Next to each amount provided, a Variance percentage of Income and Expenses is given
4) Variance B/-W - The variance of Sales and Costs between the two date ranges. This column displays both the variance amount and the variance percentage of Income and Expenses is given