The GL Account Detail Report allows the User to drill into all transactions associated with a selected account. Reference numbers are hyperlinked to their respective transaction entries so that the User is able to view entry data that may be irregular.
To navigate to the GL Account Detail Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and select 'Financial' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'GL Account Detail' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Account - A listing of all GL Accounts
2) Parent - This option allows the User to see or hide Subaccounts of each Parent Account
3) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
4) Filter - A listing of all Locations associated with the selected Location category
5) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
6) End Date - The end date for the report
7) Show Unapproved - This option will either include or exclude Unapproved transactions
8) Calendar - This option allows the User to view GL Account Details based on the Operational or Fiscal calendar
9) Sum by Transaction - When 'No' is selected, GL Accounts show the transaction details
10) Subtotal By - Clicking 'Location' or 'Company' will show and subtotal transactions by Location or Transaction Type, respectively. Clicking 'None' will include all transactions, regardless of Location (unless otherwise marked in the 'Filter' and 'Filter By' fields) in numerical order
11) Show Comment / Location / # - These options will either abbreviate or show the full name for each field
12) Balance - The 'Typical' option will show a positive balance while the 'DR(+)/CR(-)' option will show the true balance
13) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Date - The date of the transactions broken down by GL Accounts and Locations
2) Type - The type of transaction
3) Ref. Number - The identifying number of the transaction. When this hyperlinked number is clicked, the transaction details will open up in a new window
4) Company - The name of the Vendor that is connected to the transaction
5) Location - The restaurant Location that received the transaction
6) Comment/Item - Any comment or Quantity per Each Amount written in the transaction details
7) Debit - The amount the account is increased
8) Credit - The amount the account is decreased
9) Balance - The amount remaining for each GL Account by the addition and withdrawal of funds from each Account's transactions
When a Retained Earnings account is included in the report, the value of the account from within the selected date range will appear as a line item similar to other accounts.