The GL Account Detail Report allows the User to drill into all transactions associated with a selected account. Reference numbers are hyperlinked to their respective transaction entries so that the User is able to view entry data that may be irregular.
To navigate to the GL Account Detail Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and select 'Financial' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'GL Account Detail' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
10) Subtotal By - Clicking 'Location' or 'Company' will show and subtotal transactions by Location or Transaction Type, respectively. Clicking 'None' will include all transactions, regardless of Location (unless otherwise marked in the 'Filter' and 'Filter By' fields) in numerical order
14) Exclude GL W/Out Activity - This will either include or exclude GL Accounts in the report that do not have any activity for the date range selected
15) Hide Zero Balances - This will either show or hide zero balances in the report
16) Run Button - Runs the report. Users can also send, export, or print the report directly from this button by clicking the down arrow portion and selecting the desired action. Click here to learn more about this functionality
Default GL Account Drill-Downs
1) Date - The date of the transactions broken down by GL Accounts and Locations
2) Type - The type of transaction
3) Ref. Number - The identifying number of the transaction. When this hyperlinked number is clicked, the transaction details will open up in a new window
4) Company - The name of the Vendor that is connected to the transaction
5) Location - The restaurant Location that received the transaction
6) Comment/Item - Any comment or Quantity per Each Amount written in the transaction details
7) Debit - The amount the account is increased
8) Credit - The amount the account is decreased
9) Balance - The amount remaining for each GL Account by the addition and withdrawal of funds from each Account's transactions
When a Retained Earnings account is included in the report, the value of the account from within the selected date range will appear as a line item similar to other accounts.
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.