The Cash Flow Report shows the sources and uses of cash from operating, investing, and financing activities using the indirect method. This report is best to use during setup to make sure that all GL Accounts are set up correctly and that the cash balance equals the GL Account.
Click here for additional Cash Flow Statement information.
Before using this statement, first assign 'Cash Flow Categories' to your Balance Sheet accounts. There are nine available categories:
- Operating - Depreciation & Amortization Expense
- Note: ensure the Depreciation Expense Account is assigned to this Cash Flow Category and not Accumulated Deprecation or the values will be displayed as a negative
- Operating - Gain/Loss From Sale of Assets
- Operating - Non-cash Current Assets & Liabilities
- Investing - Long Term Assets
- Financing - Long Term Liabilities
- Financing - Equity
- Cash Account
- EBITDA - Interest & Taxes
To assign a GL Account to one of the Cash Flow Categories follow the steps below:
- Open the corresponding GL Account record
- Navigate to the 'Report Settings' Tab
- Select the appropriate category for that account
- Save and close the GL account record
To navigate to the Cash Flow Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and select 'Financial' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Cash Flow' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
2) End Date - The ending date for the report
3) Legal Entity - One Legal Entity or more can be selected to view on the final report
4) Summarize By - Clicking 'Category' will show a summarized version of this report while 'Account' will show a more detailed version
5) Show Unapproved - These options will either include or exclude Unapproved transactions
6) Rounding - Clicking 'No Rounding' will include decimal values while clicking 'Whole Numbers' will round decimal values to the nearest whole number
7) Run Button - Runs the report. Users can also send, export, or print the report directly from this button by clicking the down arrow portion and selecting the desired action. Click here to learn more about this functionality
1) Cash Flow Categories - The categories assigned to your Balance sheets. These categories can be further broken down into accounts by clicking the expand icon
2) Amounts - The amounts associated with the Cash Flow Categories
3) Actual Cash Ending Balance - The balance of the GL Accounts that have their Cash Flow Category set as 'Cash Amount'
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.