The Cash Flow Report shows the sources and uses of cash from operating, investing, and financing activities using the indirect method. This report is best to use during setup to make sure that all GL Accounts are set up correctly and that the cash balance equals the GL Account.
Click here for additional Cash Flow Statement information.
To navigate to the Cash Flow Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Financial' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Cash Flow', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
2) End Date - The ending date for the report
3) Legal Entity - One Legal Entity or more can be selected to view on the final report
4) Summarize By - Clicking 'Category' will show a summarized version of this report while 'Account' will show a more detailed version
5) Show Unapproved - These options will either include or exclude Unapproved transactions
6) Rounding - Clicking 'No Rounding' will include decimal values while clicking 'Whole Numbers' will round decimal values to the nearest whole number
7) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Cash Flow Categories - The categories assigned to your Balance sheets. These categories include Operating - Depreciation & Amortization Expense, Operating - Gain/Loss From Sale of Assets. Operating - Non-Cash Current Assets & Liabilities, Investing - Long Term Assets, Financing- Long Term Liabilities, Financing - Equity, and Cash
2) Amounts - The amounts associated with the Cash Flow Categories