The Asset Value Report displays the values of all assets in the company as of a certain date. This report is helpful in viewing active, retired, depreciated, CIP, or draft assets along with asset classes and categories to understand how a company's assets play a factor in the their profits and losses.
To navigate to the Asset Value Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Financial' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Asset Value Report', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all Location categories
2) Location - A listing of all Locations associated with the selected Location category
3) Status - The options for an Asset's status
4) As Of - The date the Asset is valued as of
5) Asset Class - A listing of Asset classes
6) Asset Category - A listing of Asset categories
7) Asset - All of the Assets associated with the User's company, including retired Assets
8) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Legal Entity - The Locations selected in the report parameters organized by Legal Entity
2) Asset # - The Asset Number, as noted in the Asset record
3) Asset Name - The Asset Name, as noted in the Asset record
4) Status - The Status of the Asset (Draft, CIP, Active, Active Fully Depreciated, and Retired)
5) Place In Service Date - The date the Asset was put in use
6) Acquisition Cost - The cost of the Asset
7) Salvage Value - The estimated resale value of the Asset at the end of its current use
8) Current Dep Amt - The amount for that period of depreciation and based upon the As Of date set in the Report Parameters
9) Accumulated Depreciation - The amount that the value of the asset has decreased
10) Net Book Value - The value of the Asset as logged in the book