The Customer Statement Report is an issued document made out to a customer. This statement tells the Customer how much they still owe from an outstanding invoice / transaction.
If multiple Customers are selected, the report will have different pages, one for each Customer. These can be accessed by clicking the arrows in the top left corner of the report to view those statements.
To navigate to Customer Statement, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and select 'Customers' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Customer Statement', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Legal Entity - Select the Legal Entity or Entities that a statement is created for
2) As Of - The date written on the statement and the amount due as of this date
3) Group By - Created for one specified customer or for a group of customers
4) Customer(s) - If 'Customer' is selected for the 'Group By' section, the 'Customer(s)' drop-down menu will allow the User to select the Customer that the statements are created for
5) Run Button - Runs the report
Click here to learn more about Saved Views and their added functionality.
1) Legal Entity - The Legal Entity name and address
2) Customer - The Customer's name and address
3) Statement Date - The date that this statement was downloaded to be sent out
4) Amount Due - The amount that is owed to the Legal Entity
5) Enclosed - The amount that is manually written in by the Customer upon payment
6) Inv Date - The date noted on the original invoice
7) Due Date - The date that the invoice needs to be paid by
8) Type - The type of transaction
9) Ref. Number - The identifying number associated with the transaction type
10) Amount - The amount on the invoice
11) Amount Rem - The remaining amount due
12) Location - The Location of the restaurant that issued the invoice and will recognize the revenue
13) Current Due - The amount that is currently due. If this field is not filled, the invoice is past due
14) 1-30 Days Past - The 1-30 day date range an AR transaction is past due. If empty, this AR transaction is either Currently due or even further past due
15) 31-60 Days Past - The 31-60 day date range an AR transaction is past due. If empty, this AR transaction is either Currently due, more recently past due, or even further past due
16) 61-90 Days Past - The 61-90 day date range an AR transaction is past due. If empty, this AR transaction is either Currently due, more recently past due, or even further past due
17) 91+ Days Past - The 91+ day date range an AR transaction is past due. If empty, this AR transaction is either Currently due or more recently past due
18) Total Due - The total amount that the Customer is billed for