The Commissary Forecast Report forecasts how much food will be ordered. This is based on previous fulfilled ordered quantities for a set number of weeks compared to its Actual Net Sales, which is calculated from its Daily Sales Summaries. This creates an Order Quantity to Net Sales dollar ratio, which is multiplied by the Daily Sales Forecast for the number of days entered to produce a forecasted Order Quantity for each item.
A restaurant is more able to predict the amount of food to buy and prep when this forecast is ran.
To navigate to the Commissary Forecast Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and select 'Commissary' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Commissary Forecast' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Filter By - A listing of all the Location categories
2) Filter - A listing of all Locations associated with the selected Location category
3) Commissary Category - This drop-down menu allows the User to select a specific food category
4) As Of - The ending date of the date range for all Orders and Actual Sales history
5) Past X Week Avg - The number of weeks that the system looks back for all Orders and Actual Sales history
6) Days to Forecast - The number of days that need Order Quantities
7) Run button - Runs the report. Users can also send, export, or print the report directly from this button by clicking the down arrow portion and selecting the desired action. Click here to learn more about this functionality
1) Item # - The number associated with the item in the Item record. These are organized by Item Categories
2) Item Name - The name of the Purchased Item, as noted in the Item record
3) U of M - The Unit of Measure used to count the item
4) Total Order Qty - The total amount of the item ordered over the past # of weeks (report parameter)
5) Avg Daily Order Qty - The average amount that was ordered each day over the past # of weeks (report parameter)
6) Sales Per Unit - The total Sales for the item over the past # of weeks (report parameter)
7) Qty Needed Forecast - The forecasted amount needed for the upcoming week
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.