The Check Register Report allows the User to see both deposits and expenses made during a specified date range. Details on the checks made during a specific time period can allow a User to see which locations are associated with checks.
To navigate to the Check Register Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Banking' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Check Register', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Bank Account - A listing of all bank accounts
2) Show Unapproved - Includes or excludes Unapproved transactions along with Approved transactions
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The ending date for the report
5) Sort - This organizes the checks based on Date or, if 'Reconciled Then Date' is selected, reconciled first and then organized by date
6) Hide Reconciled - This option allows the User to hide or show reconciliations
7) Voids - This option will either show or hide voids
8) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Date - The date of the transaction
2) Matched - The date the transaction was matched to a bank activity
3) Reconciled - The date of the bank reconciliation, or when the transaction was reconciled
4) Type - The type of transaction
5) Ref. Number - The number associated with the transaction
6) Company - The company/person that the expense was made out to (Vendor) or Bank Withdrawal
7) Payment Name - The Payment Name used at the time of payment and noted on the Payment record. This is not the Payment Name from the Vendor record
8) Comment - Any additional information about the transaction, as written in the transaction
9) $ Void - The amount voided. If a credit to cash void occurred, the amount is displayed with a negative sign while a debit to cash void is displayed without a negative sign. This column will only be displayed if the 'Voids' parameter was toggled to 'Yes'
10) $ In - The amount deposited into the bank, totaled in the very last row
11) $ Out - The amount taken out of the bank, totaled in the very last row
12) Balance - The bank account balance after the deposits and expenses from the selected date range, totaled in the very last row
13) Reconciled - This column will be displayed if 'No' was selected for 'Hide Reconciled' and is totaled in the very last row. To the right of this column, letters will be displayed to show whether a transaction was reconciled (R), matched but not yet reconciled (M), or voided (V)