The Check Register Report allows the User to see both deposits and expenses made during a specified date range. Details on the checks made during a specific time period can allow a User to see which locations are associated with checks.
To navigate to the Check Register Report, click 'My Reports' in the Accounting Module and select 'Banking' in the top header. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Check Register', as displayed in the image above, and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Bank Account - A listing of all bank accounts
2) Show Unapproved - Includes or excludes Unapproved transactions along with Approved transactions
3) Start Date - The beginning date for the report
4) End Date - The ending date for the report
5) Sort - This organizes the checks based on Date or, if 'Reconciled Then Date' is selected, reconciled first and then organized by date
6) Hide Reconciled - This option allows the User to hide or show reconciliations on the final report
7) Run Button - Runs the report
1) Date - The date of the transaction
2) Type - The type of transaction
3) Ref. Number - The number associated with the transaction
4) Company - The company/person that the expense was made out to (Vendor) or Bank Withdrawal
5) Comment - Any additional information about the transaction, as written in the transaction
6) $ In - The amount deposited into the bank, totaled in the very last row
7) $ Out - The amount taken out of the bank, totaled in the very last row
8) Balance - The bank account balance after the deposits and expenses from the selected date range, totaled in the very last row
9) Reconciled - This column will be displayed if 'No' was selected for 'Hide Reconciled', totaled in the very last row