Running the Bank to GL Reconciliation Report will tell the User if he/she setup his/her GL Accounts properly. This is usually ran at setup to make sure that all GL Accounts are balanced.
To navigate to the Bank to GL Reconciliation Report, click 'My Reports' under 'Reports' in the left pane and select 'Banking' in the top header of the reporting window. Once opened, a listing of reports will be shown.
Find 'Bank to GL Reconciliation' and select 'Customize' next to the report. This will open up a listing of all Report Parameters that can be used to define your report.
1) Bank Account - A listing of all bank accounts
2) Bank Rec - A listing of bank reconciliations based on the bank accounts chosen
3) Show - The options available to view the report:
- All Reconciliations - Displays all the reconciliations for this bank account
- Only Out of Balance - Displays only the reconciliations that are out of balance
- This Reconciliation Only - Displays the balance of the chosen reconciliation
4) Run Button - Runs the report
Click here to learn more about Report Views and their added functionality.
1) Date - The date of the Reconciliation. This is hyperlinked, which enables the User to view all transactions associated with the GL Reconciliation. When this row is expanded, the dates associated with those transactions are shown and their transaction types are hyperlinked to their transaction details
2) Beginning Balance - The beginning balance for the selected Bank Account
3) Withdrawal Total - The amount of money withdrawn from the account
4) Deposit Total - The total amount deposited into this Bank Account
5) Ending Balance - The balance based on the Withdrawals and Deposits made (Beginning Balance - Withdrawal Total + Deposit Total)
6) End Bal + Uncleared - The ending balance with uncleared transactions included
7) GL Balance - The General Ledger balance
8) Difference - The difference between the Total End Balance (End Bal + Uncleared) and the GL Balance. If they are not equal, review the transactions to find and correct this imbalance
9) Balance Comment - If there's a comment listed, it will detail out why that row might be causing an issue
Email, Export, or Print the Report
This report can be emailed, exported, or printed in custom formatting directly from the reporting window. Click here to learn how to send, export, or print this report.