The AP Invoice Form will receive a new Layout to provide a more efficient data entry experience. Fields have been relocated to be displayed in order of importance, starting with the Location selector, then moving on to the Vendor, Invoice Number etc.
In addition to the layout changes, the following field labels have been updated to more accurately reflect their values:
|Legacy Layout Field Label||New Layout Field Label|
|Posting Date (collapsed by default)||GL Date (no longer collapsible)|
In the images below, you will find corresponding numbers on both the New Layout and Legacy Layout to help demonstrate and the changes. For example, in the New Layout, all required fields are listed first to allow for a quicker, more natural entry experience.
1) Location - The 'Location' field moved from the right column to the left column. The location and legal entity should default from user settings. The User's default location will automatically appear each time a new Invoice is created for a faster input time, but this field can also be changed if needed
2) Vendor - This remains as the second field in the AP Invoice. Fill in the name of the company vendor from which the invoice was received. The chosen Vendor will update the Details grid below
3) Invoice Number - This is the vendor's invoice number. It shifted from the first field in the Legacy Layout to the third field in the New Layout. This allows for a more structured and natural entering of specific details about the invoice first before entering the invoice number
4) Document Date - The date listed on the invoice. This was originally called 'Date' in the Legacy Layout
5) GL Date - The date the invoice posts to the General Ledger. This was originally a subsection of 'Date' in the Legacy Layout called 'Posting Date', but was renamed and made its own field to make a clear differentiation between the Due Date and the GL posting date
6) Document Amount - Enter the total original amount of the invoice before any discounts. Although this is not mandatory, the placement of this field allows for a quick entry along with the required fields
7) Payment Terms - Remaining in the middle column, Payment Terms are used to specify the Terms in which a payment should be received. Changing the 'Payment Terms' is optional, but if the vendor is setup correctly, this value will already be populated.
8) Due Date - Remaining in the middle column, the Due Date is the date by which the payment is due. This field will auto-populate to today's date, but can easily be changed by typing in a new date or clicking the calendar icon and selecting a different date
9) Credit Expected - Any amount shorted on a given delivery. A highlighted 'Unassigned Amount' will pop up below the 'Amount' box and refers to the amount remaining to be assigned to a cost category. Due to the significance of this tool, it moved from the right column in the Legacy Layout to the center column in the New Layout to ensure a logical organization of information about the invoice
10) Comment - Following along with the 'Credit Expected' field, the 'Comment' box transitioned from the right column in the Legacy Layout to the middle column in the New Layout. While this is an optional field and is useful for adding additional notes about a Credit Expected as well as other information to the AP Invoice, marking a permanent space for this box encourages additional information to be added by the user whereas before, the comment box would not appear unless a Credit Expected was filled in
Toggles - As shown in the image below, the New Layout organizes the Toggle options in the third column of the header. Doing this allows for a quick and final touch on invoice details
11) Mark as Paid - This option allows you to automatically create an AP Payment. If clicked, a box will pop up that has the user select a bank account
12) Link to Asset - This toggle will link the Invoice details to specific Assets
13) Franchising - This option allows Franchisors to record and pay AP Invoices on behalf of their Franchisees. The expense can then be passed on and billed to the Franchisee