This article is part of the R365 Financial Report Writer training on Building Reports. Click here for more information on Building Reports and click here for more information on R365 Financial Report Writer
The 'Custom Financial Reports' list located in the 'Reports' subsection in both the Accounting and Operations Modules is where you can view, create, and edit Reports for your Custom Financial Reports.
The R365 Financial Report Writer includes several example Templates and Reports that can be ran 'out-of-the-box' once the service has been enabled and provisioned. Reports exist in a direct relationship with a Template and allow the User the ability to save a specific set of parameters as a Report from each Template. By default, when a new Template is created, a corresponding Report is also created. Click here for more information on Templates
This article will describe the following:
- View your list of Reports and see which Template is used on a particular Report
- Create a New Report - based off of an existing Template
- Modify a Report Name
- Open, Edit or Delete a Report
- Templates, Template Rows and Template Columns will not be described in this article. Click here for more information on Templates, Template Rows and Template Columns
When the 'Custom Financial Reports' list is first loaded, the 'Reports' tab will be selected by default. On this tab you can view your list of existing Reports, as well as create new Reports, or modify existing Reports.
1) Templates / Reports Tab Selector - The 'Reports' tab will be selected by default
2) Create Report Button - Click this button to open a prompt where you can Create a New Report
3) Search - Search for Reports by Name in this field
4) Quick Filters - Click each quick filter to view all Reports in each Report Category. Learn more about the 'Combination' report below
5) Reports List - Reports that are included in the selected Template Category / Search Results will be displayed in this list
6) Default Indicator - Indicates that the Report is part of the Default or Example Reports that are provided with the R365 Financial Report Writer
7) Quick Parameters - Expand the arrowicon to view and set Quick Parameters before clicking Run to run the report
8) Run Button - Click the Run button to run the Report as-is, without adjusting any other parameters, and either export or email the report as a PDF or Excel file
9) Favorite Report - Click the Favorite Starto mark the Report as a Favorite. The Favorite Star on a Favorited Report will become filledand the Report will appear in the 'Favorites' sub-list that appears after you favorite your first Report
10) Hide - This button will hide a report from a User's view. Once hidden, a report can be found at the bottom of 'All Reports' or its designated Report Category under 'Hidden Reports'. A report can be hidden or unhidden at any time by clicking the hidden symbol
11) Edit / Delete Actions - Click the Edit icon to edit the Report Title. Click the Delete icon to Delete the Report. Note: The Edit / Delete Actions do not appear on Reports marked as 'Default', as they cannot be edited or deleted
12) Linked Template - The linked Template for the Report. Users with the 'Financial Report Builder' security role can click through this link to open the Financial Report Writer and view (and for non Default Templates) edit the Template
13) Viewer Access - A drop-down menu of all Report Roles. Once a Report Role is clicked, it enables specific Users access to that selected report. View more information on Viewer Access and Assigning Reports here
14) Organization Units - Check each Organization Unit that will be included in the Report when it is ran. Refer to the 'Creating Reports' section below for more information
15) Filters - Select the Filter Values that will be used on the Report
- Note: Unchecked Organization Units and Location Reporting Categories will appear in this list as additive filters. 'Concept' and 'District' are Location Reporting Categories that are not part of the Organization Structure set in System Preferences. Therefore, they can be used as Filters when running reports.
16) Settings - Update the following Report Settings prior to running the Report
17) Manage Org Units - If the Organization Units need to be updated, click this to navigate directly to the 'Organization Structure' tab of System Preferences and make the necessary changes
18) As Of - Run the Report as of the desired Time Frame Type selected in the Report Columns. By default, the current Date will be loaded. This can also be set in the Quick Parameters (#7)
19) Report Date - This date directly connects to the time range represented in the Time Frame (TF) Column Type. If the TF Type is not set to 'Time Frame to Date', then the selected date will represent the entire time frame. If the TF Type is set to 'Time Frame to Date', then the column will represent data up to the selected Report Date
20) Cover Page Title and Data As Of (Time) - If an optional Cover Page is required for the Report, enter the Text that will serve as the title of the Cover Page in this field. When the Report is ran, a simple Cover Page with the entered title will be the first page that is generated. The Data As Of (Time) indicates the most recent time that data was polled from the POS
21) Save Options:
- Save - Save the updated non-default Report Parameters. This will be grayed out for Default Reports
- Save & Run - Save the updated non-default Report Parameters and run the Report. This will be grayed out for Default Reports
- Run - Run the Report with the Parameters (Organization Units, Filters, and Settings) in place and can either export or email the report as a PDF or Excel file
22) Close - Close the selected Report and return to the full list of Reports. This hides the full parameters pane (#s 11 - 19)
Creating a Report
Each Template you create will also automatically create a corresponding Report. Alternatively, you can manually create a Report by clicking 'Create Report' on the Template list:
Upon doing so, the 'Create new report' prompt will appear where you will select which Template the new Report will be based off of:
Once you select an option, the prompt will close and the Parameters Pane will appear next to the Reports list. The 'Report Name' line will appear with the Name of the Template you selected followed by a Number in parenthesis, as shown below:
Update the Report Name to the desired value, then proceed to update the remaining parameters in the Parameters Pane.
- Note: While you have the option to update these Parameters and save them as a Unique Report, you also have the ability to change the Report Parameters after you run the Report. This will be described in further detail in the Running Reports article.
By default, 'All' will be checked when you create a new Report. Expand the selection if you want to set more specific parameters and proceed to check each Organization Unit that will be included in the Report when it is ran, as shown above. A Search Bar is also listed to help navigate to the desired Locations easily.
- Note: A 'Select all children' line will appear when hovering over an Organizational Unit, which will check off that parent and all of the children of that parent when clicked.
Next, set any additional Filters that will be used by default when the Report is ran.
The final step is to update the additional Report Settings:
To complete the Report Creation process, click the Save button. Your New Report will now be listed in alphabetical order in the Reports list:
Combined Reports, saved under the 'Combination' report tab, enables Users to create reports that can include features from both the Profit and Loss report and the Balance Sheet statement, with limited additions from the Trial Balance report. Because these are uniquely-created reports, no default reports will be listed.
To create a new combined report, click 'Templates' and then 'Create Template' in the top, right corner of the screen. In the pop-up prompt, select 'Combination' as your Report Type and enter in a name for your report.
The Template can be edited similarly to any other report type, but you fill find that no Column or Row Layouts will be listed initially. Due to the nature of this report, Columns and Rows will need to be custom designed; however, you are able to pull in previously saved report Column and Row Layouts by opening the Layout selector and clicking 'Import Layout From'.
A listing of all saved Column Layouts, or Row Layouts if you are on the 'Row Layout' selector, will then appear. Click the desired layout and then 'Import'. Provide a new name for the layout and click 'Yes' to save that layout in the Template. This layout will then be saved in the listing and can be used on future Combination reports.
From here, customize Row and Column Layouts to reflect your desired report. Once a layout is fully updated, ensure that you save the layout by clicking the Save icon. Review the Report Columns and the Report Rows training articles for more information on customizing Column and Row layouts.