This article is part of the R365 Payments Service training. Click here for more information on R365 Payments Service
This article is an excerpt from the R365 Payments Initial Setup article. Please refer to the Initial Setup article for a full understanding of all of the requirements for setting up R365 Payments. This article will outline the steps necessary to add an additional Vendor to the R365 Payments Service after you have already completed the Initial Setup.
Add a New Vendor to R365 Payments
- Open the Vendor record that will be setup to user R365 Payments.
- Note: Setting up your Vendors does not require any assistance from your R365 Sales Representative or an R365 Payments Specialist. It can be accomplished by any User that has security access to add or modify Vendor records.
- On the 'General' tab, ensure that all of the Vendor contact information is accurate and complete. The Vendor's mailing address information is required to use the R365 Payments service. If the Vendor requires a physical Check to be mailed to them, this is the address that will be used to deliver the payment.
- Note: All of your Vendor Records that are intended for Check Issuing through R365 Payments can only contain 5 digit zip codes or the payments will auto-fail when submitted. They should also not contain any special characters in the address fields (.,:;#@-*).
- On the 'Vendor Additional Info' tab, set the 'Payment Method' to 'R365 Payments'. If the Vendor requires an ACH payment, ensure to set the 'Bank Account Type', add the 'Bank Account Number' and 'Routing Number'. Save the record
- The Vendor is now ready to be used with R365 Payments!