This article is part of the Employee Training for R365 Scheduling and the R365 App (Red). Click here for more information about R365 Scheduling Employee Training
Return to the Previous Training Article:
Viewing the Schedule and Your Upcoming Shifts
You can Trade a Shift to any Employee that works at the same Restaurant as you, has the same Job on the Shift, and is available during the Shift. You can request the Trade in two different places in the R365 App: The Dashboard, and Calendar:
- Dashboard - Swipe left or right on your Upcoming Shifts to locate the Shift you want to Trade. Next, tap the Shift to open the Shift Details. The 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons will appear. Tap 'Trade Shift' to start the trade process.
- Calendar - On the Calendar, select either 'My Schedule', to view your Upcoming Shifts, or 'All' to view all Upcoming Shifts. Tap on a Shift to view the Shift Details. If you tap on one of your Shifts (Employee A), you'll see both the 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons. If you tap on someone else's Shift (Employee B), you'll only see the 'Trade Shift' button. Tap 'Trade Shift' to start the trade process.
Once you have tapped 'Trade Shift' you'll need to select the Shift you want to trade. If you tapped 'Trade Shift' on your own Shift (Employee A), you'll need to choose someone else's Shift (Employee B). If you tapped 'Trade Shift' on someone else's Shift (Employee B), you'll choose one of your Shifts (Employee A). When you have found the Shift you want to trade with, select it by tapping it (the dot will turn blue), then tap 'Request Trade' at the bottom of the screen. A confirmation will appear and the Trade Request will be sent to the Employee who's Shift you are trying to trade (Employee B).
Employee B Approval
Before your Manager can Approve a Shift Trade, the Employee you are Trading with (Employee B) must first Approve the Trade Request. They'll receive the Trade Request in the Request List as an 'Incoming Request'. It will appear as an 'Outgoing Request' on your Request List. You can open the Trade Request and view the Status at any time.
- If Employee B Approves the Trade Request, then it will be sent to your Restaurant Manager for final Approval.
- If Employee B Denies the Trade Request, it will not be sent to your Manager, the Trade Request will show that it has been Denied by the Employee, and your original Shift will remain Assigned to you.
All Trade Requests that have already been approved by the second Employee will be sent to the Restaurant Manager for final Approval:
- If your Manager Approves the Trade Request, the Shifts will be Traded and Schedules for Employee A and Employee B will both be updated with their new Shifts. The Trade Request will show that it has been Approved by the Manager.
- If your Manager Denies the Trade Request, the Shifts will not be traded, the Trade Request will show that it has been Denied by the Manager, and your original Shift will remain Assigned to you.
You can offer any of your Assigned Shifts for other Employees to Claim. When a Shift is offered, all Employees with that Job Code and Location will be alerted about it via their preferred contact method. You can Offer a Shift in two different places in the R365 App: the Dashboard and the Calendar:
- Dashboard - Swipe left or right on your Upcoming Shifts to locate the Shift you want to Offer. Next, tap the Shift to open the Shift Details. The 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons will appear. Tap 'Offer Shift', then tap the Confirmation to start the Offer process.
- Calendar - On the Calendar, select 'My Schedule', to view your Upcoming Shifts. Tap on a Shift to view the Shift Details. The 'Trade Shift' and 'Offer Shift' buttons will appear below the Shift Details. Tap 'Offer Shift', then tap the Confirmation to start the Offer process.
Note: Even though you have Offered the Shift, you are still responsible for that Shift until it has been Claimed by another Employee and Approved by a Manager.
Other Employee Claims
Offered Shifts can be Claimed by other Employees by viewing 'All' in the Calendar. Offered Shift will appear as 'Open' Shifts. Each Employee that wants the Shift can open the Shift Details and tap 'Claim Shift' to submit their Claim Request
All Claim Requests for your Offered Shift will be reviewed by your Manager. Managers can select which Claim to Approve, or they can Deny All Claims:
- If Approved, the Shift will be transferred to the Employee that submitted the Approved Claim and the Shift is no longer your responsibility. The Offer Shift details will show that it has been Approved by the Manager, and the Shift will no longer appear on your Schedule.
- If Denied, the Shift Offer will be canceled and the Shift will no longer appear as an Open Shift for others to Claim. The Offer Shift Details will show that it has been Denied by the Manager, and the Shift will remain Assigned to you.
You can submit a Claim to any Open Shift that appears on the Calendar. Open Shifts are Assigned Shifts that have been Offered by their Assigned Employee, or Unassigned Shifts that have been Published. When viewing 'My Schedule' on the Calendar, 'Open Shift' will appear on any day that has an Open Shift where you are not already Scheduled. Tap 'Open Shift' to view the available Shift(s)
The 'Open Shift' button will load the Day view of the Calendar and show all Shifts on that Day. At the top of the view you'll see another 'Open Shift' button that you can tap to filter on just the Open Shifts. Otherwise you can scroll through the list and each Open Shift will be listed in blue as an 'Open Shift'. Tap on an Open Shift to view the Shift Details. If you want to submit a Claim for the Shift, tap the 'Claim Shift' button. The Claim Request will then be sent to a Manager for Approval
All Claim Requests for Open Shift will be reviewed by a Manager. Managers can select which Claim to Approve, or they can Deny all Claims:
- If your Claim is selected and Approved, the Shift will be transferred to your Calendar and the Claim Request Details will show that it has been Approved by the Manager.
- If your Claim is not selected, or if all Claims are denied, you will not receive the Shift and the Claim Request will show that it has been Denied by the Manager.
Time Off Requests
You can submit a request for Time off by opening the Profile Screen on the R365 App. Directly above the 'Log Out' button is the 'Request Time Off' button. Click this to open the Request Time Off Screen.
Date & Time
First, select the Location and then tap on the 'To' or 'From' at the top of the screen to select Date you want to take time off.
If a date is black on the Calendar, that is a Blackout Day that cannot be requested off. Managers will sometimes create Blackout days when all Staff must be available.
By default, the 'All Day' toggle will be selected, meaning you are requesting to take the full day off. If your request doesn't need to be for the full day, tap this toggle to turn it off, and then you'll then be able to set the Start Time and End Time for your request.
When the Date and Time are correct, tap 'Confirm' to return to the Request screen.
If you work at more than one Restaurant, you'll need to select which Location you are requesting Time off from. You may need to submit a Time off Requests to each Restaurant you work at, so a Manager at each Restaurant can Approve your Time off (you wouldn't want to take Time off from one Restaurant just to be booked at another when you're unavailable...)
Time off Reason
Finally, tap one of the Time off Request Reasons. If you select 'Personal', a text area will appear where you can describe your request to your Manager.
When everything is good to go, tap the 'Send Request' button to submit your Time off Request to your Manager for Approval. You'll be able to track your Time off Request in the Request List: Outgoing tab.
Managers will receive all Time off Requests and can Approve or Deny them:
- If Approved, the Time off Request will show that it has been Approved by a Manager and the Date / Time you requested will show 'Approved Time Off' on the Manager view of the Calendar.
- If Denied, the Time off Request will show that it has been Denied by a Manager. You will still be considered available for Shifts during the Date / Time you had requested off.
Continue to the Next Training Article: