This article is part of Workflows training. Click here for more information on Workflows
My Workflows is the central hub for all of your pending, and future, Workflow Approvals. The contents of this page will be unique to each User that is part of a Workflow Hierarchy, and will only display the Transactions that fall within the User's 'jurisdiction' for Workflow Approvals.
To open My Workflows, hover over your Username in the top ribbon and select 'My Workflows', as shown below:
The page contains two tabs, 'My List' and 'Upcoming'. 'My List' will contain all of your current Workflows, while 'Upcoming' will give you a preview of Workflows that will eventually appear in 'My List'. Both tabs contain the same field sets.
1) Detail Expansion Arrows / Checkboxes - Expand each Transaction line to view the Details at a glance. Check the checkbox to use the Mass Approve Button (14)
2) Approve Action - Click on the Approval Action button to Approve the Transaction
3) Deny Action - Click on the Deny Action button to Deny the Transaction
4) Workflow Status - View the Status of the Workflow for the Transaction. Available Statuses include:
- Pending Approval - Default Status. Indicates that the Transaction is Pending Approval
- Work Needed - The Current Approver (or any higher Level Approver) set the Status to 'Work Needed', or the Transaction was Denied at a higher Level and has returned to the original Approver
- Researching - The Current Approver (or any higher Level Approver) set the Status to 'Researching'
5) Inactivity Alert - Workflows that have gone 2 or more days without being Approved or Denied will be flagged as inactive. This flag is not affected by changing the Status to 'Researching' or 'Work Needed'
6) Transaction Vendor - The Vendor (if any) on the Transaction
7) Transaction Amount - The Total Amount of the Transaction
8) Transaction Location - The Location assigned on the Transaction header
9) Transaction Date - The Date set on the Transaction header
10) Transaction Comment - The Comment (if any) entered on the Transaction header
11) Transaction Number - The Number assigned on the Transaction header. This field is hyperlinked and can be clicked on to open the Transaction in a popup for additional review / edits.
12) Transaction Type - The Transaction Type. Current Supported formats include:
- AP Invoice
- Journal Entry
13) Attachment - If a file has been uploaded to the Transaction (via 'Upload File'), this field will contain a hyperlink to the Attachment
14) Mass Approve Button - To be used in conjunction with the Checkboxes (1). Mass Approve all checked Workflows when pressed
15) Workflow Count - The count of total Workflows in the table
16) Current Approver - The Current Approver in the Workflow Hierarchy is listed in this field. When on the 'My List' tab, this value will always contain your Username
17) Prior Approver - The Prior User that made any Approval decision regarding this Transaction. This field can contain the Username of the individual that created the Transaction, or of any individual along the Workflow Hierarchy that was the most recent User to Deny this Workflow
18) Prior Action - The Prior Action that was performed by the Prior Approver (17)
19) Prior Action Date - The Date the Prior Action (18) occurred
20) Created By User - The User that created the Transaction
Using My Workflows
There are several useful actions that you can take on the 'My Workflows' page to more quickly process your Approvals.
Expand Quick Details
Click the expand arrow to the left of the checkbox to view the Transaction details at a glance:
Review / Modify Transaction Details
Double click the Transaction Number value to open the Transaction in a popup window for review or modification. Save the Transaction to close the popup and update My Workflows
Approve Individual Transactions
Transactions can be individually Approved by clicking the green checkbox on the Workflow line. Click here for more information on Approving Workflows
Approve Multiple Transactions
You can Approve several transactions at once by using the multi-select checkboxes and then clicking the Green 'Approve' button. Click here for more information on Approving Workflows
Deny Individual Transactions
Click the gray 'X' button to Deny a Transaction and return it to the Original Approver / Creator. Each denied Transaction must also have a reason entered. Click here for more information on Approving Workflows