This article is part of Workflows training. Click here for more information on Workflows
Workflow Setup is the Workflow Administration page that is restricted to Users with 'Full Access' or the 'User Setup' Security Role. On this page, specific Workflows can be set for each Location or Location Reporting Category as well as specific Vendors.
These Workflow rules can vary between supported record types as well. AP Invoices and Journal Entries are currently supported. This article will explain how to setup your Workflows and maintain them as your organization grows.
To open Workflow Setup, hover over the 'Administration' menu and select 'Workflows Setup'. Note, if you do not see this option, it is because your User does not have the required security privilege. Please reach out to the R365 Admin in your organization for assistance in obtaining the requisite security role. Only users with 'Full Access' or 'User Setup' can access the Workflows Setup page.
The Workflow Setup page varies depending on which record type ('AP Inv' vs. 'JE' toggle) and tab is selected. The following section will describe the fields on each view and their functions.
AP Inv - Location Tab
1) AP Inv / JE Toggle - By default the page will load with 'AP Inv' selected. Toggle between 'AP Inv' to create Workflows for AP Invoices or 'JE' to create Workflows for Journal Entries
2) Location / Location Reporting Category Toggle - Determine if your organization will create Workflows by Location or by Location Reporting Category. If you make a change after enabling Workflows, all existing Workflows will be Denied and the rules will be deleted
3) Vendor Specific Workflows Toggle - If you will have specific Workflows for Vendors, ensure that this toggle is set to 'Yes'. Otherwise set it to 'No'. When set to 'No', the 'Vendor' tab is removed and all AP Invoices, regardless of the Vendor, will be subject to the Workflow rules
4) Location / Vendor Tabs - Toggle between the Workflows setup for Locations/Location Reporting Categories and Vendors
5) Workflow Template Export / Import - Click 'Export Template' to export an Excel Template for Workflow creation. Once completed, select the Location/Location Reporting Category in the list, then click the 'Import' button to select your completed Template and import the details into the Workflow. Note: referential records (such as Locations and Users) must have the exact same spelling as their record in R365 in order for the import to succeed
6) Location / Location Reporting Category List - Select the Location/Location Reporting Category where the Workflow will exist. This list can be filtered by typing in the desired Location or Location Reporting Category in the open Workflow Location Search bar
- Note: All AP Invoices for this Location will then be subjected to the rules established in this Workflow except when using Vendor Specific Workflows, as those take precedence over Location Workflows
7) Existing Workflow Indicator - A checkmark will be present if a Workflow has been created for this Location/Location Reporting Category
8) Workflow Level - This column contains the Level number of the Workflow hierarchy
9) Workflow Amount - This column contains the Greater Than or Equal to Dollar Amount for the respective Level of the Workflow
10) Level Approver - This column contains the Approver for the Workflow Level. Note: Only Users with access to the Location will be available in the Approver selector
11) Skip Prior Approvers Checkbox - Check this box if a Workflow should skip all prior Level Approvers when the AP Invoice eclipses the Dollar Amount of this Level, making this Level the initial Approver
12) Level Description - This column will contain a written description of the Workflow rule at this Level
13) Clear Button (last active level) - The Clear Button appears at the final Level of the Workflow and can be used to clear (remove) that Level. Once cleared, the 'Clear' button will relocate to the new final Level of the Workflow
AP Inv - Vendor Tab
14) Vendor List - Select the Vendor that will have a Vendor Specific Workflow. This list can be filtered by typing in the desired Vendor in the open Workflow Vendor Search bar
- Note: Vendor Workflows take precedence over other Workflows, meaning if there is a Workflow for 'Location 100' and 'Beverage Vendor', and an AP Invoice is entered for 'Beverage Vendor', the Vendor Workflow will be used
15) Existing Workflow for Vendor Indicator - A check mark will be present if a Workflow has been created for this Vendor
16) Ignore Workflow for this Vendor Checkbox - When checked, all Workflows will be ignored for this Vendor, including Location/Location Reporting Category Workflows. This setting is particularly useful for Food & Beverage Vendors that often have their invoices entered by the Operations team
17) Created By User List - Unlike the Location & Vendor lists on the 'AP Inv' screen, the 'JE' screen contains a list of Users. Select the User that will have the Specific Workflow. Any Journal Entry 'Created By User' will follow the set Workflow Approval Hierarchy
18) Existing Workflow for User Indicator - A check mark will be present if a Workflow has been created for this User