Users that no longer need access to R365 can be deactivated by marking their User Record as 'Inactive'. Users cannot be deleted. Once the User's User Record is set to 'Inactive', the User will no longer be able to log in.
- Note: Removing an Employee's access to R365 is done on the Employee Record. Learn how to mark Employees as 'Inactive' here.
Users with the following Permission will be able to deactivate a User:
- Administration → Users → Edit Users
Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here. The Permission Access report can be used to determine which User Roles or Users already have these Permissions assigned. Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
Deactivate a User
To deactivate a User from the User Grid, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the 'Users' list in the 'Administration' subsection of the Accounting module
- Locate and open the User record that will be deactivated
- Locate the 'Active' toggle column on the User Grid. Click to toggle the User as inactive.
Indicates that User is Active Indicates that User is Inactive
To deactivate a User from the User Record, follow these steps:
- From the User Grid, locate and open the User Record that will be deactivated. Click the User's name to open the User Record
- From the User Record, mark the Employee as 'Inactive' by clicking the checkbox
- Save the Record by clicking 'Save' in the top left corner. The User is now deactivated and can no longer access R365
- Optional Step - If you wish, you can additionally manually change the User's password, and remove all User Roles, Security Permissions, and Location access from the User record, however this is not necessary as 'Inactive' will never permit the User to authenticate to R365.
- Note: If the User that is being inactivated has specific permissions, like approval permissions, the system will prompt the User to confirm the changes
- Note: If the User that is being inactivated is the owner of a Report Subscription, the User will be prompted with a notice to change the Report Subscription. To learn more about inactivating Users that own Report Subscriptions, click here.