The Purchase Order Module in R365 allows Store and Operations Managers to order Purchased Items from any Vendor in the database. There is a Suggestive Quantity aspect to ordering that will suggest the amount of each product to order based on a 'Usage per $1000 in Sales' model. Templates can be setup on a schedule to auto-populate in the system when it’s time for the order to be placed. Additionally, the R365 Purchasing Assistant helps to walk you through each Purchase Order that is due today. Once the product comes in from the Vendor, POs can be converted to AP Invoices or matched to integrated invoices. To activate the Purchase Order Module, please contact R365 Support.
To get started with Purchase Orders, please proceed with the following steps:
- Contact R365 Support to enable Purchasing Orders (if it is not already enabled)
- Set User Security Access
- Users with 'Full Access' and Accounting Managers will have full access to the PO Module once it’s activated
- Restaurant Managers can access the PO Module for data entry, but cannot Submit a PO by default
- The secondary security role 'Submit Purchase Order' will grant the ability for a Restaurant Manager to Submit (email) Orders directly to Vendors
- Setup (or review) your Vendor Items. A Vendor Item must exist for all Items/Vendors that will be ordered via Purchase Orders
- Setup Item Locations for all Items/Locations that will be ordered via Purchase Orders
- Note: Item Locations are required to use the Purchase Order feature and for the PO Suggestions to function
- Add email addresses to Vendor Records
- Ensure that Outbound Email Settings have been properly setup on each User that will Submit POs
- Create Purchase Order Templates, and set them to a schedule to fully utilize the Purchasing Assistant functionality
Purchase Orders are accessible in two separate places in R365.
1. The 'Operations' Module - included in the 'Purchasing' sub-section you will find the two new Purchase Orders lists: 'Purchase Orders' and 'Memorized Purchase Orders'
2. The 'Purchasing' sub-menu - under the 'Vendor menu in the top ribbon
In order to start using the Purchase Order Module, the following items must be set up:
- Vendor Items
- Item Locations
- Email Setup
Review and set up Vendor Items by ensuring a Vendor Item exists for all Items that will be ordered via Purchase Order. On the Vendor Item record, make sure to:
- Click the 'Primary' checkbox for larger Vendors that might send multiple sub-items
- Set up Contract Pricing in order to have a locked in price populate per PO. If these are not setup, the PO will generate the last price for the Purchased Item
Open the Purchased Item Record for the Item, navigate to the 'Item Locations' tab and toggle on 'Create for All Locations'. This will turn on Item Locations, which is a required for the Purchase Order feature. Click here to learn more about Item Locations.
Ensure that your outbound email settings have been set up per User Role to submit Purchased Orders directly from R365. Click here for more information on Email Settings.
Add Vendor email addresses to the Vendor Records in order to submit Purchased Orders from R365. If all Locations share a single Vendor representative, enter in the email address on the 'General' tab of the Vendor record. If all Locations have different Vendor representatives, enter in the email addresses per Location on the 'Location' tab of the Vendor record.
Purchase Order Status
There are 3 statuses of Purchase Orders in the Purchase Order list view:
- Open – This Purchase Order has not been submitted and needs to be reviewed and submitted. POs in the Open Status can be deleted
- Submitted – This PO has been sent to the Vendor via email and is waiting to be invoiced. POs in the Submitted status cannot be deleted
- Invoiced – This PO has been turned into a saved invoice and is “locked” – it cannot be deleted in this state and can only be reverted into a submitted invoice status if the attached Invoice is deleted. These Purchase Orders (and the corresponding invoice) will show a hyper-link to its counterpart.
Three additional fields have been added to the Item Location record:
- Usage Per $1000 (calculated nightly)
- Theoretical On Hand (calculated nightly)
- Buffer Days (used to indicate extra days for thawing/marinating etc. to be added to the Purchase Order Suggestions)
Purchase Order Form
The Purchase Order Form is where users can create POs from scratch; suggest the quantity for each item; submit the PO to the vendor via email; and create memorized templates. Click here for training on the Purchase Order Form.
Memorized Purchase Orders
Memorized POs can be created with or without a corresponding schedule. The can then be used as templates in both the PO Form and the Purchasing Assistant. Click here for training on Memorized Purchase Orders.
Invoicing a Purchase Order
Submitted Purchase Orders can be turned into an AP Invoice or matched to an integrated Invoice (auto-imported). Click here for training on Invoicing Purchase Orders.
Purchasing Assistant: Purchase Orders
The Purchasing Assistant is a wizard-like approach to submitting all orders due today to all vendors in one convenient tool. Click here for training on the Purchasing Assistant: Purchase Orders.