Transferring your Vendor List from QuickBooks Desktop to R365 is an easy process, but to also make it an efficient process, it is important to review and consolidate this list.
To make sure your Vendor List is clear of duplicates and obsolete Vendors, follow the steps below.
Download Vendor List from QuickBooks Desktop
Navigate to 'Reports' in the left navigation and click 'List'. A listing of all report lists will be displayed.
Scroll down until you see 'Vendor' and find the 'Vendor Contact List' report under it. Select the desired date range and click 'Run'.
On this report, click on the 'Excel' menu at the top of the window and choose 'Create New Worksheet'.
On the prompt that appears, select 'Create a comma separated values (.csv) file' and then click 'Export'. A system dialog will appear where you can give the file a name and determine where the file will be saved.
Consolidate Vendor List
It is important to make a consolidated, global list of all Vendors. Even though this list will be consolidated, all transactions will still be properly distributed from that Vendor to each Location.
- Open your downloaded file and delete Vendors that you do not currently do business with
- Delete duplicate Vendors (this includes Vendors that may be spelled differently, but are the same entity). Click here to follow the steps needed to remove duplicate Vendors
- Update any out-of-date information (addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
Note: When in doubt, start a fresh Vendor List. Include the major, more frequent Vendors for now and then input new Vendors later on when necessary.
Import Consolidated Vendor List into R365
- Now in Restaurant365, open Setup Assistant and click 'Vendors' in the left listing. The first step is 'Vendor List'
- Click the 'Import' button and browse to the file you consolidated. Clicking this will import your Vendor List from QuickBooks