Shows the sources and uses of cash from operating, investing, and financing activities using the indirect method. Before using the statement you will need to assign 'Cash Flow Categories' to your Balance Sheet accounts.
There are seven available categories:
- Operating - Depreciation & Amortization Expense
- Note: ensure the Depreciation Expense Account is assigned to this Cash Flow Category and not Accumulated Deprecation or the values will be displayed as a negative
- Operating - Gain/Loss From Sale of Assets
- Operating - Non-cash Current Assets & Liabilities
- Investing - Long Term Assets
- Financing - Long Term Liabilities
- Financing - Equity
To assign a GL Account to one of the Cash Flow Categories follow the steps below:
- Open the GL Account record you are assigning the Cash Flow Category to.
- Go to the 'Report Settings' Tab
- Select the appropriate category for that account
- Save and Close the GL account record
Once you have assigned the accounts to the appropriate categories you can now run the Cash Flow Statement. The Cash Flow Statement is located in My Reports in the Financials section.