This article is part of the Manager Log Module training. Click here for more information on the Manager Log Module
Log Categories allow Users to separate Log entries in to specific categories for easy sorting and follow up. Log Categories are also selectable from the 'Mgr Log' menu in the top ribbon, allowing you to customize the options in the 'Task' and 'Note' sub-menus.
To create and manage Log Categories, a User must have the 'Accounting Manager' or 'Manager Log Creator' security roles. Click here for more information on Assigning Security Roles
Log Categories List
Expand the 'Administration' subsection in the 'Manager Log' module and select 'Log Categories' to view existing Log Categories. Six 'pre-built' Log Categories will be present in the list. These can be deactivated if necessary (see Deactivating Log Categories, below). Double click on a record to open and update the Log Category.
Create a Log Category
Hover over the 'Mgr Log' menu and select 'Log Category' to open the Log Category form
Log Category Form
1) Name - enter the display name of the category
2) Default Link To - select a 'Link to' type. This will like any log entries from this category to other records throughout R365. Click here to review available Link To Types
3) Show on Daily Overview - allow entries saved in this category to appear in the 'Logs' section of the Daily Overview
4) Show All Locations - allow this category to be available for All Locations. If deselected, the 'Active Locations' tab will appear where each Location will need to be manually selected to use this Log Category.
5) Description - enter a description for the category
6) Security: All Jobs - allow all Employee Job Titles to view and create entries in this Log Category. If deselected, the 'Jobs without Access' and 'Jobs with Access' panels will appear on the 'Security' tab. Each Job Title with Access will need to be manually selected in order to view and create entries in this Log Category
Set all Log Category Settings, then save and close the record. Refresh the browser window, and the new Log Category will be available in the 'Task' and 'Note' sub-menus of the 'Mgr Log' menu.
Deactivating Log Categories
To deactivate a Log Category so that it no longer appears throughout R365, including on the 'Mgr Log' menu, perform the following:
- Locate and open the Log Category record
- Set the following settings to 'No' (red)
- Show on Daily Overview
- Show All Locations
- Security: All Jobs
- Verify that no Locations or Jobs have been included on both the 'Active Locations' and 'Security' tabs.
- Save and Close the record
- Refresh the browser window to confirm that the category has been removed
- Note: if the category has previously been used, and shown on the Daily Overview, it may still be present on the days in which it was used. Deactivation will effect all future days and entries.
R365 Mobile App View
- Log Categories list
- New Log Category