The Classic Manager Log module in Restaurant365 is a fully integrated Log application. Within the Manager Log, DSS data can be viewed and updated at a glance, recurring Task Lists can be utilized and tracked, and Document Libraries can sort and store Restaurant Operations documents. To activate the Manager Log Module, please contact your Sales Representative or R365 Support.
It is important to note that the Classic Manager Log can no longer support Note entries. Rather, Notes can be entered via the New Manager Log module, which is a part of the Smart Ops Release. All existing Notes will be transferred to the Log Entries page, where existing Notes can be viewed and new Notes can be created. Click here to learn more about the New Manager Log module.
To get started using Manager Log, follow these setup steps:
- Verify that Manager Log is active. Inspect the module selector for 'Manager Log', the Smart Ops Release for 'Manager Log', or the top ribbon for 'Mgr Log'
- Note: If not active, request access to the module by contacting R365 (Sales Rep or Support)
- Set User Security access for R365 Users (if necessary)
- Set User Security access for Employee Users (required for access)
- Perform setup of Manager Log Settings
- Log Categories
- Create or Update Log Categories for use within the Manager Log
- Preset Log Categories can be deactivated if desired
- Set User Security on Log Categories and Active Locations
- Task Lists
- Create Task Lists and set Repeat Schedules
- Set User Security on Task Lists and Active Locations
- Document Library Categories
- Create Document Library Categories where Documents can be uploaded and stored
- Set Active Locations on uploaded files
- Log Categories
- Verify Email Settings are in place for Log Alerts
- Verify Employee Email and Mobile Number values have been updated for Log Alerts
- Note: Ensure that the phone number is formatted as XXXXXXXXXX, rather than (XXX)XXX-XXXX
Below is a list of training articles to learn more about each part of the Classic Manager Log module and also a detailed explanation of security and navigation within the module.
Once the module is activated, it can be accessed by Users with the requisite security roles. Accounting Managers will have full access while Restaurant Managers and Schedulers will have limited access.
For the Classic Manager Log Module, the following security roles are needed:
- Manager Log Creator - this role gives Users the ability to create and manage Task Lists and Log Categories
- Manager Log Admin - this role gives Users full Manager Log access
- Manager Log User- this role gives Employees access to enter logs and review and complete tasks. No administrative rights are included in this role.
- Note: These roles must be given to all Employee Users that will access Manager Log. The above Security Roles differ for the New Manager Log module
Employee Users: Employees that have been granted access to the Restaurant365 App via the ‘App Access’ checkbox on their employee record will now also exist as Users in the Users list in the Administration section of the Accounting Module. This Employee to User conversion process will happen automatically whenever an employee is granted ‘App Access’ on their employee record. In order for these employees to access the Manager Log, a User with ‘User Setup’ will need to add the ‘Manger Log User’ security role to each of these Users. This can be accomplished on the Employee User Record, via the User Roles screen, or via the Users & Security section in the Setup Assistant. Click here for more information on Employee App Access.
Click here for more information on Assigning Security Roles.
Users can access Manager Log features by logging in through a web browser and selecting 'Manager Log' from the module selector at the top of the left nav. This will switch the view of the left nav to show all Manager Log lists and views. Creating new records associated with Manager Log can also be accessed from the 'Mgr Log' menu in the top ribbon.
Manager Log Categories
Manager Log has several preset Log Categories. Users can create new Log Categories as well as deactivate default categories. Click here for training on Log Categories.
Task List Creation and Management
Manager Log has three preset Task Lists. Users can create and maintain Task Lists, set Repeat Schedules, and auto-assign Tasks to Users. Click here for training on Task List Setup.
Manager Log Calendar
The Calendar view is the default view of Manager Log. Click here for training on the Manager Log Calendar View.
The Daily Overview is the one-stop screen for Restaurant Managers. Sales & Labor, Task Lists, Log Entries, AP Transactions, and Schedule are all displayed on this ultra-convenient view. Click here for training on the Daily Overview.
Log Entries can be flagged for further review. Any flagged entry will be displayed on the Flagged Entries view. Click here for training on the Flagged Entries View.
Task List View
The Task List view allows a User to see past due, current, and future Task Lists and their corresponding Tasks. Click here for training on the Task List View.
The Logs view contains the current day's Log Entries, separated by Log Category. Click here for training on the Logs View.
The Document Library is a Document Repository where Documents can be uploaded and assigned to Active Locations. Click here for training on the Document Library.
Using Task Lists
This article explains how to use Task Lists in Manager Log. Click here for training on Using Task Lists.
Creating Log Entries
This article explains how to create Log Entries in Manager Log. Click here for training on Creating Log Entries.
Manager Log Reports
Two Manager Log reports / lists have been added to the 'Reports' subsection in the left nav of Classic Manager Log: