Stock Counts (Inventory Counts) are essential in the Restaurant365 Operations Module. Through the use of Stock Counts, Users can obtain an accurate snapshot of the inventory in their restaurants. A completed Stock Count becomes the Inventory Journal Entry in the Accounting Module with the distribution being calculated automatically and recorded on the Stock Count. Additionally, the quantities entered on Stock Counts are utilized in several reports in Restaurant365.
To begin performing Stock Counts in Restaurant365 complete the following prerequisites:
- Create Inventory:
- Inventory exists in Restaurant365 as Purchased Items, and Recipes.
- Inventory can be created in Restaurant365 or Created in Excel via Import Template with Template Instructions
- Note: Users with the Security Role of 'Restaurant Manager' will need additional security role(s) added to their User Profile in order to create Inventory Items. Please see Security section below or refer to Security Role Descriptions
- Create Stock Count Templates:
- Stock Counts that will be performed are created from Stock Count Templates.
- Stock Count Templates can be created in Restaurant365 or Created in Excel via Import Template with Template Instructions
- Note: Users with the Security Role of 'Restaurant Manager' will need additional security role(s) added to their User Profile in order to create Stock Count Templates. Please see Security section below or refer to Security Role Descriptions
- Create a Stock Count:
- Navigate to the Stock Count Template list (in Restaurant365 or the R365 Classic App)
- 'Use' the desired Stock Count Template to create a new Stock Count
- Perform the Count, Save the Count and Approve the Count
Stock Count Demo Video
Click here to open a Stock Count Demo Video.
All Stock Count related functions reside in the Restaurant365 Operations Module and can be accessed by Users with the requisite security roles. By default, Users with the Security Role of 'Accounting Manager' will have unrestricted access to perform all Stock Count functions including the creation of Master Records (Inventory Items, Stock Count Templates). Users with the Security Role of 'Restaurant Manager' will be able to 'Use' Stock Count Templates to create new Stock Counts, and Save those Stock Counts, but will not be able to create or modify Master Records (Inventory Items, Stock Count Templates).
To enable these Users to create / modify / delete Master Records, provide the User with the necessary Security Roles:
- Master Record Save - this role gives a 'Restaurant Manager' the ability to create and update Master Records, including U of Ms, Purchased Items, Recipes, and Stock Count Templates
- Master Record Delete - this role gives a 'Restaurant Manger' the ability to delete Master Records, including U of Ms, Purchased Items, and Recipes, but not Stock Counts and Stock Count Templates. To include these two additional functions, both Delete Stock Count and Delete Stock Count Template roles would need to be assigned to the user
Click here for training on assigning security roles.
Stock Count Features via Browser
Users can access Stock Count features by logging in through a web browser and selecting 'Operations' from the module dropdown list at the top of the left hand navigation pane. This will switch the view of the left hand navigation pane to show all Operations options.
Stock Count features are located in the 'Inventory' subsection of the Operations Module. Creating new records associated with Stock Count features occurs via the 'Item' menu in the top ribbon.
Stock Count Features via Mobile App
Users can access Stock Count features by logging in to the Restaurant365 Mobile App and clicking 'Stock Count' in the Mobile App Menu. This will switch the view to a list of existing Stock Counts (with the Stock Count Template list accessible via a button on the bottom right of the screen).
Users can update existing Stock Counts, and create new Stock Counts (via the Stock Count Template list). Inventory Items and Stock Count Templates cannot be created, or modified via the Mobile App.
Stock Count Record
The Stock Count Record is where Stock Counts reside in Restaurant365. Click here for more information on Stock Count Record.
Create a Stock Count Template
Stock Count Templates are the source of all Stock Counts. Stock Count Template must be created in Restaurant365 prior to performing Stock Counts. Click here for more information on how to create a Stock Count Template.
Beginning Balances: Stock Count
The first Stock Count that is performed in Restaurant365 is considered a Beginning Balance Stock Count and must be initiated in a manner slightly different than all future Stock Counts. Click here for more information on Beginning Balance Stock Counts.
Performing a Stock Count
Stock Counts are created from Stock Count Templates and can be entered in to Restaurant365 via Browser or Mobile App:
Stock Counts with Multiple Count U of Ms
Inventory Items (Purchased Items and Recipes) can support multiple Count U of Ms. This must first be set up on the Inventory Item Record. Click here for more information on how utilize Multiple Count U of Ms.
Inventory Cost Method
Click here for a walk through (with several event examples) on Restaurant365's Inventory Cost Method
KB: What Items Are Being Counted on My Stock Counts?
For Users interested in determining if all of their Inventory Items appear on their Stock Count Templates, follow the steps outlined in this Knowledge Base Article: What Items Are Being Counted on My Stock Counts?
Stock Count Reporting