Waste Logs allow you to account for Inventory Item Waste. The Waste Log form is very similar to the Item Transfer form.
Once you have updated all the header information, you are ready to add the detail line items to the ‘Waste Log’.
- ‘Item’ is the item that you are recording the waste for. Simply start typing the name of the item and then select the appropriate item from the drop down list (note: Only the items that you have assigned a Waste Account will appear in the Waste Log Item List)
- Next, tab to the ‘Quantity’ Field. Enter the quantity of the item you are recording the waste for
- Note: the item quantity should be entered as a negative number to remove from stock
- Next, tab to the comment field to enter a comment if needed. Next, click on the ‘Add’ button to add the detail line item to the waste log
- Repeat these steps for each line item
Once you have entered all the line items to the waste log, click on Save & Close or Approve & Close depending on your security role.
To review existing Waste Log records, open the ‘Inventory Transactions’ list in the Operations module.