This article is part of the Franchising module training. Click here for more information on Franchising.
Franchisees are the top level group in the Franchising module that may own one or more Franchise Location (Stores). On this record you store details about this franchisee, how you will bill them, view their list of stores, and create and view people who are your Contacts at this Franchisee.
To create a new Franchisee, hover over 'Franchising' in the top ribbon and click 'New Franchisee'. Populate the name and any additional header information.
1) Name - The name of the Franchisee
2) Billing Option - The option to select how AR Invoices are created when the Franchisee billing process is run. Options include:
- 1 Bill Per Store - Separate Invoices for each Franchisee Location, and the Billing Customer will be the Franchisee Location
- Franchisee - Single Invoice - One AR Invoice will be created for this Franchisee, showing all fees at all of their Locations. The bill will have one row for each fee. Selecting this option will display the 'Billing Customer' field, and that field will be required (this will be the customer on the invoice that is created)
- Franchisee - Separate Invoice per Store - Separate Invoices for all Franchisee Locations, and the Billing Customer is set in the 'Billing Customer' field. Selecting this option will display the 'Billing Customer' field, and that field will be required.
3) Term Start - The beginning date of the Franchisee Term Agreement
4) Term Expiration - The end date of the Franchisee Term Agreement
5) Region - The region this Franchisee is located in
6) Terms - The terms used in connection to this Franchisee
7) 'Stores' tab - Displays a list of this Franchisee’s Locations (stores). Stores are assigned to a Franchisee on the Franchisee Location (Store) record. Refer to the Franchisee Location article for more information
8) 'Franchisee Contacts' tab - Displays and allows additions of contacts for this Franchisee
When completed, click 'Save' to create the Franchisee in Restaurant365.
To view existing Franchisee records, click 'Franchisees' under 'Business Development' in the 'Franchising' module. Find the desired record and double-click to open.