The Employee record allows you to manage Employee details such as Employee Name, Contact Information, Employee Photo, and Scheduling Availability. This record is created automatically after the POS Integration has been completed. Each Employee record represents an Employee that has been entered in to your POS Systems.
As Employees may work at several of your Locations, there is a possibility that some of the Employee records are duplicate entries. These records will need to be merged in order to properly use the Scheduling and Manager Log modules. Click here for more information on Merging Employee Records. Please refer to the Employee App Access article for more information on granting your Employees access to the R365 Mobile App.
Employee Information Import from POS
Depending on the amount of information that has been entered in to your POS system, the Employee record will include the Employee Name, Locations, and Job Titles. An organizational decision will need to be made to determine where the Employee information will be maintained:
- Within Restaurant365: All Employee information will be controlled through R365. New Employees will be pulled over from the POS, but once they are created, no updates will be made to the Employee record if the POS Employee record is changed
- Note: This is the recommended option
- Within the POS: All Employee information will be controlled through the POS. While accurate pay rates will be pulled in and used for Labor reporting, not all Employee information is importable from all POS systems
Note: Consult with your R365 coach on the best option depending on your POS.
To ensure that the Employee information in the POS does not overwrite the Employee information in Restaurant365, navigate to the 'Preferences' pane via the 'Administration' menu in the top ribbon. Select the 'Miscellaneous' tab, then select your organization's choice under the 'Employee Master' selector. Click here for more information on POS Integration Settings
There are two ways to Create Employees in Restaurant365:
- Automatic import and creating from the POS. New Employees will be imported with the DSS each night
- Manual creation
To setup an Employee manually, select 'New Employee' on the 'Scheduling' menu in the top ribbon. This will open a blank Employee record where the Employee information can be entered and saved.
The 'Employees' list can be viewed in two places in Restaurant365:
- Operations module: Employees list
- Scheduling module: Employees list
Similar to all other lists in R365, locate the record you want to view, then double click the row to open the record in a new tab.
POS Employee Link
To manage the relationship between multiple POS employee records pointing to the same Master Employee in Restaurant365, R365 has two types of Employee records:
- POS Employee Record - these records match the records in the POS system at each Location. So if an Employee works at more than one Location then they will have more than one POS Employee record in Restaurant365. These only have a few fields on them just to allow the system to match to the POS by POS ID, Location, and Full Name. This record isn't used in the Scheduling module. Click here for more information on POS Employee Records
- Employee Record - These records serve as the main Employee record. If labor notes are made about an Employee or reviews will be held, this is the record referenced on those reports and forms. If you store a break waiver for the employee it is on this record. You should work to keep the system clean so there is only one of these records per employee. Click here for more information on Employee Records
To view a more detailed breakdown of this process, view the Employee vs User Record training article.
Note: This article has been rewritten as of 9/15/17. Click here to download the original version