Restaurant365 comes with a powerful Ad Hoc Report Viewer that allows Users to slice and dice data. These Ad Hoc reports and charts can also be shown in dashboards so Users can make decisions that increase productivity and reduce costs. Permissions determine who can see and modify these elements.
Ad Hoc reports and dashboards are accessed in the left hand navigation under 'Reports' in the 'Operations' module. Users with access to the Accounting module can also see them under 'Reports' in the 'Accounting' module.
Reporting Elements Defined
Below is a description of the different elements of the Business Analytics module:
- Ad Hoc Reports - These reports allow users to slice and analyze data and can also be added to dashboards. An Ad Hoc report can be a chart, table, or pivot table. Even though R365 comes with a number of pre-defined Ad Hoc reports, Users with the proper security level can create their own. Click here for more information about working with Ad Hoc Reports.
- Dashboards - These are a read-only view of Ad Hoc reports where Users can see multiple charts and tables on one page. Even though Restaurant365 comes with a number of pre-defined dashboards, Users with the proper security level can create their own, and the R365 dashboard list will be replaced with their custom dashboard list.
- Set Default Dashboard button - To set the default dashboard, a User should press this button while viewing the dashboard they want as their default. This will set it for that User only
- Create/Edit Dashboard button - If no dashboard is selected in the Dashboard drop-down, the 'Create Dashboard' button will show. Clicking this will open a new blank dashboard where a User can drag on desired reports and then save. If a dashboard is selected in the drop-down, then the button will say 'Edit Dashboard' instead and clicking it will open an editable version of the selected dashboard. Learn more information about creating and modifying Dashboards here
- Dashlets - The Dashlets drop-down displays the Ad Hoc reports that are on the dashboard the User is currently viewing. When a User sees a specific chart on the dashboard that they wish to view in more detail, they can select it from the dashlets list and that report will open.
- To view a specific dashlet in full screen but not drill down to modify the dashlet, click the expansion arrow button in the upper right hand corner of that dashlet on the dashboard.
Security Access to Dashboards and Ad Hoc Reports
There are 3 aspects to enabling Business Analytics features and determining which reports specific users can see:
- Company-wide Access to Features - All companies have some access to dashboards but how much access depends on if the Business Analytics module is purchased or not. If the module is not purchased, then only predefined dashboards created by Restaurant365 are available. If the module is purchased, your company has access to all predefined Ad Hoc report and the ability to use the powerful Ad Hoc Designer to analyze specific reports in greater detail with on-the-fly analysis. Your company can also create and save new reports and dashboards, and since dashboards are so easy to create, the predefined dashboards are removed when the module is purchased to simplify the dashboard list to only those you want for your company.
- User-specific Access to Features - The Permissions listed here are associated with Ad Hoc Reports. These Permissions can be added to Custom User Roles or single Users. Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here. The Permission Access report can be used to determine which User Roles or Users already have these Permissions assigned. Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
Ad Hoc Permissions are found in the Permission Tree as follows:
- Ad Hoc Reports
- View Manager Folder Ad Hoc Reports Only
- View All Ad Hoc Reports
- Create/Edit/Delete Manager Ad Hoc Only
- Create/Edit/Delete all Ad Hoc Reports
- Ad Hoc Reports
- User-specific Access to Reports - When creating a report or dashboard, you can choose whether to save it in the Accounting folder or the Manager folder. If a User has the Restaurant Manager security role, then their access within Business Analytics is limited to reports and dashboards stored in the Manager folder. If the User is an Accounting Manager, they have access to all reports and dashboards.