To manually delete a DSS file, a User must have the following Permission:
- Sales & Cash → Daily Sales → Delete Daily Sales
Learn more about managing Permissions and Custom User Roles here. The Permission Access report can be used to determine which User Roles or Users already have these Permissions assigned. Learn more about User Setup and Security here.
A User with the requisite security would navigate to the 'Daily Sales Summary' list view in the 'Operations' Module, select the DSSs that need to be deleted, and click the 'Delete Selected' button in the filter ribbon.
Important Notes / Warnings
- The deletion process can take several minutes. Once clicking 'Delete Selected', do not refresh the page or hit the refresh arrows on the table. Many records are being deleted during the DSS Deletion Process (DSS, Comments, Labor Accruals, Sales Tickets, and Journal Entries)
- Depending on the POS System and date range of DSSs being deleted, the recovery and re-import of SS data may not be possible. Data retention is set at the POS level and R365 has no ability to define the data retention in the respective POS Systems. The following data limitations are known:
- Micros POS - 14 days are retained
- Toast POS (Pre API Legacy Customers) - 7 days are retained
- Speedline POS - Data prior to POS Integration is unavailable
- The R365 Connect Tool will attempt to reimport missing DSSs up to the previous 10 calendar days. Automatically reimporting DSS from a date range outside of the previous 10 days would require the assistance of the POS Integration Team. Click here for more information on DSS Re-import