This article is part of the Commissary Module documentation. Click here for more information on the Commissary Module.
Commissary Item Setup
To mark an item as a Commissary Item perform the following:
1. Open the Purchased Item Record located in 'Items' under the 'Inventory' listing in the 'Operations' module. When that record opens, a window like the one below will appear in a new tab. Click the Commissary Item check box on the General tab, allowing for the Sales tab to be visible where additional information will be required
2. In addition to the required fields on the Purchased Item Record, when a Purchased Item is marked as a Commissary Item, the information found on the Sales tab must be completed
1) Selling U of M – the U of M value selected here will be the Selling Unit of Measure when this item is sold from the Commissary
2) Sales Account – Select the Sales Account where the sale amount is credited for this Commissary Item
3) Price Type - The manner of which that item is priced. For this option, you can choose either 'Set $ Amount' or 'Cost Markup %'
4) Price (selling) – The amount the item will be sold for
5) Taxable checkbox – Check this checkbox if the Commissary Item is taxable
6) Commissary Category – Select the Commissary Category for this Commissary Item. If no Commissary Categories have been created, click on the ‘Commissary Category’ hyperlink to create a new Commissary Category and assign it to the Commissary Item
7) ACH Deposit Account - The checking account associated with the item