This article is part of the Classic Commissary Module documentation. Click here for more information on the Classic Commissary Module.
When an order is fulfilled, meaning the commissary has shipped the product and marked the order as fulfilled in the system, a Commissary Fulfillment transaction gets created automatically. This transaction records the inventory and financial effect of the order. The fulfillment shows the quantity of each item that went from the Commissary to the Location, which records sales to the Commissary and cost to the Location. If the commissary is owned by a different Legal Entity than the Location (most common), then intercompany due to/from entries will also be recorded on this transaction so you will know how much is owed to the Commissary from the Location.
Fulfillment transactions get created as approved by default. They can be unapproved just as all other transactions by opening the transaction and selecting Unapprove from the top ribbon.
Fulfillment transactions cannot be edited. Instead the order should be unfulfilled (either from the order form or the Mass Fulfillment screen) which will remove the fulfillment transaction. Then update the order as desired and then click Fulfill again and the new fulfillment transaction will be created and linked to the order.
Since fulfillment transactions have a financial effect, orders in a closed period cannot be fulfilled or unfulfilled.
Ways to Open a Fulfillment Transaction
There are two ways to open a fulfillment Transaction:
- Review the list of all fulfillment transactions by selecting 'Fulfilled Transactions' under the 'Commissary' listening in the 'Operations' module. Double click a row to open that transaction. From this list, you can also click multiple rows and then click the 'Edit Selected' button and choose 'Print Fulfillment Report' to print the report on these transactions.
- A fulfillment transaction can also be opened from a commissary order. Open the order and at the top will be a link to the fulfillment transaction just beneath the order status field.
1) Number - This is an auto-generated number that coincides with the order number. The auto-numbering sequence is managed under Accounting - Administration - Autonumbering
2) Date - This is the delivery date of the order, which is also the date of fulfillment
3) Location - The Location the order was delivered to
4) Amount - The total dollar amount of items delivered
5) Tabs - The Fulfillment form has two tabs:
- 'Details' Tab - This shows the list of items that were delivered to the location with the accompanying quantity and price
- 'Distribution' Tab - This shows the financial distribution with the cost debited to the Restaurant Location, Sales credited to the Commissary, and, if they are in separate Legal Entities, a Due To/From transaction to record the amount owed from the restaurant to the Commissary